PDA

View Full Version : New Dish Advice

lammy1961
10-01-11, 09:06
I'm going to upgrade my 85cm dish to a 1m, and I'm after a bit of advice either to go with a Gibertini or Orbital......The Sat Engineer who's going to fit it says he wouldent go any bigger than 1m Dish because of my Motor (so no 1.1m Triax replies)
So all I'm after is a bit of 1m Dish advice.

Thanks in advance.

jjp2701
10-01-11, 09:16
m8 you can go up to 1.2m dish, any motor would handle a 1.2m, go for a orbital, cheap dishes but good results, gilbertini are expensive, i have looked all over the show for months for a gilbertini, so now i have a 1m orbital dish,

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 09:20
orbitals are the best at the moment for the price better than triax

and the site sponsor has a good price too on them i got orbitals myself from the sponsor

lammy1961
10-01-11, 09:24
Quick replies.....Thanks.
Looks like I'll be going for the Orbital.

Cheers.

bigup7
10-01-11, 09:33
i would personally go for Gibertini over Orbital, i think they are a better dish quality wise.

also the TD110 measures up as a 1m anyway so model number is a bit misleading on the triax

either way make sure you use some T&K mounts if your wall mounting it :)

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 09:34
i would personally go for Gibertini over Orbital, i think they are a better dish quality wise.

also the TD110 measures up as a 1m anyway so model number is a bit misleading on the triax

either way make sure you use some T&K mounts if your wall mounting it :)

for the price against quality ratio the orbital is a brilliant dish and will suffice the gibertinis are hard to get and a little over priced
dont get me wrong very good dishes
but for the availability price and quality the orbital is a better option

lammy1961
10-01-11, 09:40
Te Sat Engineer quoted me: 1M Gibertini = £70, T&K Mounts with pole £25, labour £70.
Total = £175 all in.
Is that a good price ?
He's normally spot on.

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 09:42
is the labour for setting up your motorised dish

if so then yes thats fine

lammy1961
10-01-11, 09:48
Yes......Labour is for fitting new bracket, fitting new dish and setting up motor.

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 09:53
Thats fine then i used to charge £150 when i uses to install just pure labour and other companies i seen charge £99 plus so £70 is ok for a motor setup

bigup7
10-01-11, 09:54
Te Sat Engineer quoted me: 1M Gibertini = £70, T&K Mounts with pole £25, labour £70.
Total = £175 all in.
Is that a good price ?
He's normally spot on.

sounds like a good quality setup that :)

allyb
02-07-11, 08:45
Sorry to jump on the thread, but where do you find a "sat guy" from. the ones i spoke to when i ended up with this dish seemed to be clueless about anything other than a motorised setup telling me multisat fixed could not be done! Did not know how to setup anything other than standard astra or motorised. my only choices, so i ended up going motorised. Not sure i would have chosen motor if i had the option of multisat fixed.

Larry-G
02-07-11, 08:53
Sorry to jump on the thread, but where do you find a "sat guy" from. the ones i spoke to when i ended up with this dish seemed to be clueless about anything other than a motorised setup telling me multisat fixed could not be done! Did not know how to setup anything other than standard astra or motorised. my only choices, so i ended up going motorised. Not sure i would have chosen motor if i had the option of multisat fixed.

the forum sponsor world-of-satellite is very knowledgeable about the best kit to use and how to set it up, plus he may be able to get you a deal on any specific kit you need. either drop him a PM on this forum or contact him directly through his shop site.
www.world-of-satellite.co.uk

fevgatos
09-07-11, 11:52

we have sponsor, sorry I never read the rules.