PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-epg.dat] Random EPG listings

joysleep1
12-11-16, 14:03
Hey Guys
I am having a strange problem on some on my cable channels. Most of the EPG is fine and they are correct. BUt i have spotted 2 channels that seem to have messed up EPG listings. I can tell because they are blatantly incorrect when i compared them to the equivalent sky channel.
For example

Nat Geo WILD HD channel has some listings showing that the "The mentalist", "CSI: Miami" NCIS and some other random shows which does NOT come on this channel and none of these are listed on the sky version.

Another channel is BT sport 3

Some listings are correct and show what is actually on. Others are completey random. It says that Fishing is coming on at 16:45. Other random shows are
Naval Aviation Documentary and secret of the Stonehenge.

It does this every time i use EPG importer. It has done this for weeks now. Any idea why these particular channels are messed up when it comes to the EPG??

Thanks

abu baniaz
12-11-16, 14:23
the channel references that Rytec uses are wrong. Inform Doglover on PLI forum, there is a thread for Virgin EPG. He will need channel name and service references.

Bangord30
12-11-16, 17:17
I've been noticing this more and more using the OTA EPG. I thought it was due to cross updating the sky epg thereafter but uninstalled that and it still happens butt not as bad

abu baniaz
12-11-16, 23:54
I've been noticing this more and more using the OTA EPG. I thought it was due to cross updating the sky epg thereafter but uninstalled that and it still happens butt not as bad
Going by your other post on the other forum, you have several sources of EPG data. Which is the last one to run?

joysleep1
12-11-16, 23:55
Is there anyway i can tell a certain channel to copy the EPG of another channel?

Bangord30
12-11-16, 23:58
Cheers Abu as I said I've left just VM OTA running and still wrong. Always has been. Normally use cross for sly just but have been disabling it of late and still noticing discrepancies

abu baniaz
13-11-16, 00:01
Is there anyway i can tell a certain channel to copy the EPG of another channel?
No.

Deal with the issue properly. Let Doglover know the channel name and service reference of affected channels.

abu baniaz
13-11-16, 01:30
To find out the service reference
Select the channel
Open up web interface on your PC
Click on current
You will find the service reference in the middle of the screen (highlighted in the picture here)

You can then
Select the service reference
Right click
Copy
Open your text editor
Paste it in your text editor

Repeat for all your affected channels

joysleep1
13-11-16, 11:53
The pli forums are not even in English. Do you have a link I could post it on?

ccs
13-11-16, 11:59
The pli forums are not even in English. Do you have a link I could post it on?Plenty of English posted on the PLi forum, try here....

http://forums.openpli.org/forum/52-en-rytec-xmltv-and-epg-support/

ccs
13-11-16, 16:07
.... I see you've found it ok, although I don't think mentioning Hitler in your post was very diplomatic. :)

abu baniaz
13-11-16, 16:09
only one channel detail provided though

joysleep1
13-11-16, 18:51
only one channel detail provided though

Oh
What was i supposed to do. I just gave him all the references for the channels affected. Sorry I mentioned Hitler it was just the most awkward programme on the listing that time.

abu baniaz
13-11-16, 19:26
He can't fix what he does not know or what he cannot receive. Let him know name of every channel and associated service reference that is wrong and he will amend the channels that are wrong for you.

The service references change, so you will have to let him know whenever there are changes. It is not as frequent on cable as it is on satellite.

joysleep1
13-11-16, 20:40
He can't fix what he does not know or what he cannot receive. Let him know name of every channel and associated service reference that is wrong and he will amend the channels that are wrong for you.

The service references change, so you will have to let him know whenever there are changes. It is not as frequent on cable as it is on satellite.

Oh does the service number change depending on the programme not channel?

abu baniaz
13-11-16, 21:06
simple explanation.......
service = channel

Your BT Sports 3 HD currently has service reference 1:0:1:963:18:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:

In a few weeks it could be something else. The broadcaster changes it. You will have to tell Doglover when it changes. An example post below. There is a thread for Virgin UK, stick to the same thread instead of starting new ones.

Hello, I no longer have any EPG data for BBC 3 HD since yesterday. It has been fine for the last 6 months. The reference number is

1:0:1:964:19:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:

I am using Rytec Virgin UK/Ireland

Thanks in advance

joysleep1
14-11-16, 10:26
service = channel

Your BT Sports 3 HD currently has service reference 1:0:1:963:18:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:

In a few weeks it could be something else. The broadcaster changes it. You will have to tell Doglover when it changes. An example post below. There is a thread for Virgin UK, stick to the same thread instead of starting new ones.

yes but that example is that he has no EPG. Mine is that the EPG is incorrect. And where is this particular virgin thread. There are over 67 pages. How am i supposed to find it?

joysleep1
14-11-16, 10:29
service = channel

I see that you have given him more references. The ones you posted are sometimes incorrect for me too. So do we have to do anything else now?