PDA

View Full Version : Channels not working...

johnsayce
09-11-16, 21:21
Some encrypted channels have stopped working today. I thought it might be my card but it seems to work in a normal box. I've tried a rescan but no luck. Updated to the latest release and set everything up from scratch but I've still got the same problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

john doe
10-11-16, 12:25
what cam you using. have you tried to see if they work in webif

johnsayce
10-11-16, 20:00
It was ccam2.0 but after the upgrade I think it was ccam2.3.0. I hadn't but I have now and it's not working. The SNR seems okay. No idea what AGC is but that's at ninety something percent.

john doe
10-11-16, 20:14
It was ccam2.0 but after the upgrade I think it was ccam2.3.0. I hadn't but I have now and it's not working. The SNR seems okay. No idea what AGC is but that's at ninety something percent.

the cam 2.0 doesn't exist, 2.3.0 will work fine

johnsayce
10-11-16, 21:46
It doesn't appear to be. It seems quite odd, is there any way I can debug it?

john doe
11-11-16, 13:51
this depends how you have your local card setup. you need to look at the config file. other methods of getting services are illegal and cannot be discussed here.

I would flash box from new and setup from new. the vu duo is an old box have you updated to the latest image. otherwise learn how to set up oscam

johnsayce
13-11-16, 15:48
I'd already updated to the latest version, same problem.

I've installed oscam. Interestingly most of the channels seem to work, but no sports. Whereas some sports channels worked with ccam.

john doe
13-11-16, 18:51

I've installed oscam. Interestingly most of the channels seem to work, but no sports. Whereas some sports channels worked with ccam.

if you using oscam, then your setup or config files must be the problem

chris1964
18-11-16, 11:04
I've been having some strange behavious on my Vu+Duo which may be linked to this.

About a week ago I lost access to encrypted channels. Tried all the usual reboot, rescan etc. options but didn't work, so reflashed and rescanned - still no luck despite the scan picking up the channels as expected.

BUT - accidentally activated Picture in Picture and found I could then get to see the encrypted channels. In summary what I'm experiencing is:

1. Normal use of EPG to choose a channel means I can't see the encrypted channel. I get 'Timeshift not possible' followed by 'Tune Failed' messages.
2. If I go to a channel that does work, then activate PiP, and then navigate (via either zap, or channel +/-) to the desired encrypted channel, the channel IS available.

First off - suggest that johnsayce tries this approach to see what happens.
Second off - has anyone got any idea what on earth is going on that's causing this, as it's really winding me up!

My system is pretty vanilla:
Vu+ Duo
Vix-Night-HD skin
Build 4.1.016
Drivers: 2015-11-24
CCcam 2.3.0 (I was running mgcamd when the problem started, before the reflash that I referred to above)

Note - I'm a noob - please be gentle with me and if anyone asks for anything specific for analysis/comment I might have to ask to be hand-held through how to get the detail needed!

john doe
18-11-16, 13:05
I've been having some strange behavious on my Vu+Duo which may be linked to this.

About a week ago I lost access to encrypted channels. Tried all the usual reboot, rescan etc. options but didn't work, so reflashed and rescanned - still no luck despite the scan picking up the channels as expected.

BUT - accidentally activated Picture in Picture and found I could then get to see the encrypted channels. In summary what I'm experiencing is:

1. Normal use of EPG to choose a channel means I can't see the encrypted channel. I get 'Timeshift not possible' followed by 'Tune Failed' messages.
2. If I go to a channel that does work, then activate PiP, and then navigate (via either zap, or channel +/-) to the desired encrypted channel, the channel IS available.

First off - suggest that johnsayce tries this approach to see what happens.
Second off - has anyone got any idea what on earth is going on that's causing this, as it's really winding me up!

My system is pretty vanilla:
Vu+ Duo
Vix-Night-HD skin
Build 4.1.016
Drivers: 2015-11-24
CCcam 2.3.0 (I was running mgcamd when the problem started, before the reflash that I referred to above)

Note - I'm a noob - please be gentle with me and if anyone asks for anything specific for analysis/comment I might have to ask to be hand-held through how to get the detail needed!

YOU ARE ON 4.1, I would suggest image upgrade to 4.2 latest image. maybe your mgcamd is not setup correctly, if setup right is runs flawless for me, so does cccam 2.3.0.

in regards to timeshift, have you a usb hdd or internal hdd attached? and what is your timeshift setting.

flash from new, make sure you back up first, and start clean process with no restore or plugins. its defo something with your setup

Larry-G
19-11-16, 13:20

If you have at any point returned the card back to its official sky box it could be that it has been hit by the newer pairing method (I say newer but it's about two years old by now).

I am a little out of date when it comes to softcams these days so there may have since been a solution found. But my own card suffered the same about two years ago and the only way I could access sports or movies was to return the card to the sky box, every thing else continued to work with E2 like the discovery channels etc but no movies or sports.