PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS MINI+ Plus VS VU+ Zero

G2EVIL
08-11-16, 13:54
Hi planning to switch to cable can't make my mind up between these two receiver's Edision OS MINI+ PLUS & VU+ Zero (with cable usb tuner). Plan to use cable as my main tuner & satellite as second, as i watch a few FTA channels that are only on satellite. I'm a simple person just watch TV, EPG & record a little.

What i would like to know what is the fuss with VU+ receivers as they seem to be highly rated?

Which out of the two has better picture quality?

Am i right in thinking that hardware wise both receivers are on par? & how important is H.265? do I really need it?

Slightly off topic.
Which receiver other than 4K has the best picture quality regardless if its E2 linux or not?

Do some closed source receivers have better picture quality than E2 linux receivers?

Is there any closed source receivers that have a WORKING epg?

Willmoore
09-11-16, 09:10
I can't tell the difference in PQ between the two - could be my eyes though. The zero is a lot smaller and can, as i do be tucked away behind a wall mounted tv and operated via the shipped ir. It has a decent remote. The Edision is better value with onboard wifi, a screen and capable of blindscan. Remote is not so good.
Neither box can run Kodi (Kodi Direct yes but it's useless)
Neither box can accept an internal hdd
You won't go wrong which ever one you choose - as long as you use Vix.

john doe
09-11-16, 09:19
i have a zero and a os mini. both really good. for me the zero outshines. the remote is better, the piture quality on zero is slightly better and much better response from the zero.

joysleep1
09-11-16, 10:26
If you are going to use cable then it would make sense to get the edison with a cable tuner. A native cable tuner would always be better than a USB tuner right?

Sicilian
09-11-16, 13:23
More suggestions, Octagon range are premium Korean manufactured quality:

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/octagon

Andy_Hazza
09-11-16, 15:46
Hi planning to switch to cable can't make my mind up between these two receiver's Edision OS MINI+ PLUS & VU+ Zero (with cable usb tuner). Plan to use cable as my main tuner & satellite as second, as i watch a few FTA channels that are only on satellite. I'm a simple person just watch TV, EPG & record a little.

What i would like to know what is the fuss with VU+ receivers as they seem to be highly rated?

Which out of the two has better picture quality?

Am i right in thinking that hardware wise both receivers are on par? & how important is H.265? do I really need it?

Slightly off topic.
Which receiver other than 4K has the best picture quality regardless if its E2 linux or not?

Do some closed source receivers have better picture quality than E2 linux receivers?

Is there any closed source receivers that have a WORKING epg?

What is your budget? as the ones you have mentioned are low/budget entry whereas spending a bit more will get you a better receiver. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G2EVIL
10-11-16, 13:19
Hi ideally £150 max. Currently using tm nano oe which does meet my needs just no cable tuner. What do i get for my money if i spend more? Willing to up budget for picture quality. If you can give me examples of better receivers then i will have an idea. As i don't use other/advanced features thought entry level box was good enough?

Willmoore
10-11-16, 13:46
I have budget boxes and a so called higher end box and don't really notice any differance in PQ - just make sure the TV is decent and set up properly. (I am sure others will disagree)
Why pay for stuff such as transcoding, FBC, xyz, if your not going to use it.
I have a simplistic view - if WOS sell it, it's going to be a decent box. Put Vix on it, with a good skin and your away.
If I were you I would be asking 'whats the cheapest box that gives me x hardware (tuners,hdd etc) and can do such and such' Buy a decent remote such as a Harmony with the money you saved and then click the thanks button below :D

G2EVIL
10-11-16, 13:59
I have budget boxes and a so called higher end box and don't really notice any differance in PQ - just make sure the TV is decent and set up properly. (I am sure others will disagree)
Why pay for stuff such as transcoding, FBC, xyz, if your not going to use it.
I have a simplistic view - if WOS sell it, it's going to be a decent box. Put Vix on it, with a good skin and your away.
If I were you I would be asking 'whats the cheapest box that gives me x hardware (tuners,hdd etc) and can do such and such' Buy a decent remote such as a Harmony with the money you saved and then click the thanks button below :D
Your talking my language M8!

Hi whats the cheapest box from WOS that gives me best hardware for my £ & if anyone can give me link/tutorial to harmony remote control as that is a whole new world to me lol

Bangord30
10-11-16, 14:38
Looked at Xtrend 8500?

mrxbox360
10-11-16, 15:53
Ive got a vu solo 2 on sat & edision os mini on cable both running on the same lg 1080p tv & with same latest vix image,I've found the vu does do a better sd picture quality, however the hd version on the edision is very good too:)

G2EVIL
12-11-16, 17:53
Hi made my mind up going for edison mini plus. Just need to know I can run cable as my main tuner & sat as second tuner?

Sicilian
13-11-16, 08:29
Hi made my mind up going for edison mini plus. Just need to know I can run cable as my main tuner & sat as second tuner?

Unless you specifically need H.265 you be better with the Combo model http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 Combo has TWO tuners, 1x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-C/T2.

Huevos
13-11-16, 10:23
Os Mini Plus is by far a much higher spec receiver than Vu+ Zero. It has capability for cable, terrestrial, wifi and H.265 built in, while the Zero does not.

The combo doesn't have H.265 but does have the flexibility of the extra tuner. But still doesnt have the full flexibility of a true multituner box where you can watch one cable channel while recording another cable channel.

G2EVIL
13-11-16, 14:14
Unless you specifically need H.265 you be better with the Combo model http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 Combo has TWO tuners, 1x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-C/T2.

Is mini plus not a true twin tuner? Whats the difference or how is combo better? as i really like the updated display on mini plus

Sicilian
13-11-16, 14:16
Mini+ is a single multi-tuner, can do either DVB-S/C or T2. Combo has TWO tuners, DVB-S and DVB-C/T2 so you can watch and record across the two signal types.