PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 OpenVix 4.2.012 locking solid (not even remote works and clock stops)

shocky_uk
08-11-16, 12:00
Hello all,

I have been reading through forum after forum trying to get some help on this issue but so far no joy.

Basically I have owned my Vu+ Duo2 for about 11 months, all was well until about 3 months ago when occasionally it would lock solid and only a rear power switch would get it back.

I decided at the weekend to move to the latest version 4 OpenVix without realizing my older backups of settings would not work (lesson learned), however I am all up and running but the issue of freezing is worse than ever. I have tried the following;

Clean install of OpenVix 4.2.012 from USB.
Setup new 4GB USB (FAT32 format, then initialized in menu's) with 128Mb SWAP, EPG and PICONS (in case it was the HDD going to sleep causing the issue).
Re-initializd the 2Tb Hitachi HDD supplied
Increased the fan speed in the inbuilt control (max I've seen this read is 35oC...is that hot?)

My Version from the about;
Model: Vu+ Duo2
Chipset: BCM7424
CPU: BCM7425B2
CPU Speed: 1.3 GHz
Cores: 2
Build: 4.2.012 (Release)
Skin name: ViX-Night-HD
Drivers: 2015-12-01
Kernel: 3.13.5
OStreamer: 1.9.0 (GIT)
Python: 2.7.11
Installed 2016-10-28
Updated: 2016-11-04

System temperature: 35oC

It does this on BBC One / Freeview.

Hopefully I've stuck to the rules although I am still learning some terminology.

Appreciate any next steps/tips. I was loking at the Bootloader on OpenVix for my box but I cannot tell if that comes as part of the download or if its seperate?

Many thanks
Dan

ccs
08-11-16, 12:14
You don't need a swap file, whether it actually causes problems is another matter.

shocky_uk
08-11-16, 12:17
Originally it did not have the swap and still crashed.

I don't mind removing, its a tough learning curve with the terminology and equipment both :)