PDA

View Full Version : Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 5 (DVB-S/S2)

DaMacFunkin
07-11-16, 14:03
Hello please find for sale Sundtek USB DVB-S2 tuner.
Item comes with all accessories including av cable, remote control, USB fly lead and 2 pin power supply (buyer will need to buy a 3 pin ) adapter.
Item works well and can be used in a tuner server or on a media center, check Sundtek site for supported usage before buying.
Buyer beware it doesn't run properly with ABM, it also isn't usals or disceq compatible (that's why it is called a sky stick).
This item used to be a version 4 but was returned to Sundtek for the Version 5 chipset.
Thanks for looking, any questions please ask.

£40 Next day Signed for.
Paypal F&F only.

DaMacFunkin
08-11-16, 16:28
Gentle Bump ^^^^

joysleep1
08-11-16, 16:59
Would this work on the xtrend 10000?

DaMacFunkin
08-11-16, 17:54
Yes, if you go into plug ins /extentions you will see the sundtek control center plug in.
Here is the vix tutorial, it is for the DVB-C/T2 but is the same to install.
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/how-to-install-sundtek-usb-tuners-using-sundtek-control-center/
Thank You

sundtek
08-11-16, 20:43
Hi,

the tuners support USALS and DISEQC of course, it implements the default Linux controls for that as well.

DaMacFunkin
10-11-16, 14:42
Bumpety Bump, Bumpety Bump.

joysleep1
10-11-16, 14:55
So how would this work exactly?
I have the xtrend 10000 with 4 tuners. A B and C are all cable tuners and D is a satellite tuner. If i were to buy this. Would it be exacly like a native tuner and so if i have something recording on tuner D i would still be able to record another satellite channel?
And what would it say on the front pannel. Would a a letter "E" come up. How would my receiver know to use the USB satellite tuner when tuner D is in use for example?
Sorry for all the questions, just curious how this would work?

joysleep1
10-11-16, 14:57
oh sorry i should have looked at the link before hand. It does shed some light onto what i asked. erm
Are there any disadvanagtes to using a usb satellite tuner that anyone may know of?

DaMacFunkin
10-11-16, 17:15
Your Box would use it as any other Tuner, if you don't have any default preferences set it would install as tuner E and the box would just use it if D was busy.
The only drawback to it is it doesn't run ABM, so if you run ABM at night it wouldn't be a problem, you would set the internal tuner D as a higher priority.

joysleep1
10-11-16, 17:23
Your Box would use it as any other Tuner, if you don't have any default preferences set it would install as tuner E and the box would just use it if D was busy.
The only drawback to it is it doesn't run ABM, so if you run ABM at night it wouldn't be a problem, you would set the internal tuner D as a higher priority.

hmm I am tempted but i just do not think it is wise to put more pressure on my xtrend. Running 4 tuners and a 3.5 inch 2tb HD causes it to reach around 60 degrees. i am afraid it would just blow if i add a usb tuner to it.

DaMacFunkin
17-11-16, 11:01
USB tuner is external, wouldn't but any extra heat onto the system, the 1000 can run 7 tuners fine.
Anybody else interested let me know before the weekend or else it is going on fleabay.

DaMacFunkin
24-11-16, 11:01
Item is on ebay.
Please close.