PDA

View Full Version : edison bluetooth wont connect

xavier5000
07-11-16, 10:41
Hi Everyone i love the edison os mini but everytime i try to connect via blutooth nothing happens...I have three soundbars and not one will pair. The mac address of the devices come up but they just wont connect...any idea's guys and girls?

thanks in advance xavier5000:confused:

deewee
15-11-16, 18:36
I have the same problem! But I think the BT device manager extension is meant to be used with extension keyboards.

Your question was asked twice before by other members earlier this year - both without a response, so I guess no-one can answer or solve the problem.

xavier5000
02-12-16, 11:57
thanks deewee for your reply..have you seen a solution to this anywhere> Thanks in advance

xavier5000

DC33
02-12-16, 13:54
I read somewhere - may have been on here - that the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP. Be really useful for when wife's on phone to her mother... If i had BT headphones anyway. :p

silverblack
19-12-16, 19:25
BT is useless on this thing doesn't connect to either soundbars,phones or headphones,should done under the trade description act :mad:

cachaciero
13-11-17, 19:30
Given that Bluetooth A2DP is widely supported on Linux / Android should have thought it would be a quick fix for the VIX team.
On a wider perspective I would suggest that WoS sell a standard Bluetooth USB dongle then the VIX solution would be the same for every box, (then I would be able to listen to the TV without having to hear SWMBO :-)

1999gtv
13-11-17, 20:11
I did read that E2 does not have a Profile for A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). This was back in late 2016 and then there were no plans to implement because of the lack of driver support by vendors