PDA

View Full Version : NO HDMI picture when using edison OS MINI

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:05
Ok so i took my edison from my extension into the living room and no all of a sudden, i get no picture. No matter how many cables i try and how many Tv's i try i just get no picture. I have tried reflasing but it does not bring up any picture.
Is there something causing it to lose picture suddenly. ??
Really weird.

Sicilian
06-11-16, 14:08
Try USB flashing, and booting with only HDMI connected.

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:12
Try USB flashing, and booting with only HDMI connected.

Yh
That is what i am doing. Taken the satellite cable and tried re-flashing. I get no picture. I press OK on the remote and it seems to do it. After, i get no picture at all.

Sicilian
06-11-16, 14:13
Does VFD show boot on front of box?

Have you tried connecting to original TV?

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:15

erm.
I insert my usb and then power on.
I press OK
THen it shows something like 2: 1 . Then some sort of countdown.
Then boots up. Yh i tried on the original TV nothing.

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:16

No it does not show boot.
You have to press Ok on the remote right?

ccs
06-11-16, 14:18
Instructions say "press and hold down ‘OK’ button on your REMOTE".

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:20
Instructions say "press and hold down ‘OK’ button on your REMOTE".

ok i wil try that again.
Lets see

joysleep1
06-11-16, 14:45
Ok just did it again. held the OK button down it it flashed successfully i think. I can make out that i am scrolling though the visual inputs, but i am getting no picture. I dont understand what is going on. I just tried using my sky box HDMI which i know works and still no picture. Really strange.
I guess i will have to open a ticket. I only bought it this year.
Any other suggestions?

ccs
06-11-16, 15:12
... best I can do from another post - " the screen was black and it took me a while to figure out their tv was only 720 not 1080."

Sicilian
06-11-16, 15:17
If boot is not displaying on front display open a ticket with WoS shop if that's where you purchased www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
06-11-16, 15:30
If boot is not displaying on front display open a ticket with WoS shop if that's where you purchased www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

Yh it was from WoS.
thanks will do so

loopy123
06-11-16, 15:33
I had same problem re flashed did 1080i worked NOT 1080p hope helps

joysleep1
06-11-16, 15:40
I had same problem re flashed did 1080i worked NOT 1080p hope helps

Yh but i am not seeing any picture cycling through the availble inputs.
That is the problem. My living only has 720p so i can see the VFD saying 720. I press OK and still no picture.
Strange

Andy_Hazza
06-11-16, 15:57
Yh but i am not seeing any picture cycling through the availble inputs.
That is the problem. My living only has 720p so i can see the VFD saying 720. I press OK and still no picture.
Strange

You didn't remove any HDMI leads while both the TV and Satellite receiver were on did you?
Also you could try a different HDMI port on your TV.

Ford1
06-11-16, 17:04
The Edison comes with an AV adapter, it has what looks like 3.5mm headphone jack on one end andn component on the other. try using this lead, I had problems this morning trying to flash my unit as the tv wouldn't display the "POST" screen before Openvix loads, so I could not se when was the right time to press "OK".

joysleep1
06-11-16, 18:29
Ok this box is blowing my mind apart.
So i take the box upstairs into my room. My TV is a 4k one. I plug everything in and it works. I get picture. So i set it to 720p mode so when i take it downstairs to the living room (this tv is a Sony Normal HD 720p), i get nothing no picture. So then i thought was the port. So i made the sky receiver use that port and it worked for that. It just does not work on that TV. Even when i try flash i get no white picture asking if i want to flash or not. I used the same HDMI cable upstairs into my TV and it works.
Why can i not get it to work on the downstairs TV? Really strange problem

joysleep1
06-11-16, 18:40
So i took out a brand new cable from one my old xtrend boxes i bought. Still got no picture. It is like the box is refusing any TV which is not 4k. I am sure the TV or port is not faulty because i tested both of them and they work fine. Just my edison box is not picking up any picture. I have to find my box regarding that AV adapter thingy. How would that help anyway?

Ford1
06-11-16, 18:49
It worked for me. Don't know why, But my edision refused to display on the same tv it had worked on for months, I tried to reflash then got absolutely no output whatsoever. used the av adapter, managed to see the boot screen and press ok at the right time to flash.

Trust me its worth a try, as soon as the box had successfully flashed, the hdmi output was returned to normal.

joysleep1
06-11-16, 18:52
It worked for me. Don't know why, But my edision refused to display on the same tv it had worked on for months, I tried to reflash then got absolutely no output whatsoever. used the av adapter, managed to see the boot screen and press ok at the right time to flash.

Trust me its worth a try, as soon as the box had successfully flashed, the hdmi output was returned to normal.

OK so exactly how did you do it? . Once you saw picture.. You changed output to hdmi?

I don't know where my av adapter thing even is.... This is sooo long :eek:

joysleep1
06-11-16, 19:46
I dont think that would make a difference. Like i said, i took it upstairs into my brother room. He has a standard lg hd tv. It only worked on one of the ports that was labelled ARC. So while this was working i set my ip address up so i can at least control the box through my laptop. After doing so, i connected through open web if and was controlling my box like that without any picture using grab screenshot function. I then cycled throgh all possible outputs while my HDMI was connected and still nothing. No picture. It is really strange because the same port displays perfect on mys sky box

ccs
06-11-16, 20:07
Have you a powered hdmi splitter/switch you could try? I found that an (admittedly long) hdmi lead only worked if I used a splitter.
It acts as a signal booster.

joysleep1
06-11-16, 20:25
I haven't got a powered hdmi splitter. It's so strange tho because when I first bought it. It was working fine on this TV with resolution set to 720p. I temporarily moved it into the extension where my 4k TV stays. It's like something is changed and now the this TV won't accept this hdmi signal anymore. I never knew this could happen.
Really frustrated about this. Spending hours taking up upstairs and downstairs. Just can't get it to work.

bkeegs
06-11-16, 20:55
i had simular issues with my box's also edision minis after recent updates although tho box said it was updating softwares etc it realy wasnt as i checked the firmware numbers in information and they wernt changing after studying the forum i used the tools stated hp tool tera copy etc to load my usb stick and attempted to update the boxes manualy after doing this all boxes had this issue black screen no boot symbol etc to finaly solve the issue i removed all power leads for about 10 minits reformated all hdd's using windows only no other software however if your version of windows isnt letting u format to fat 32 try minitool partition wizard home free then i did the same with usbs after redownloading another zip of the firmware from vix site and used windows explorer only to unzip and transfer files to stick then flashed boxes with nothing conected but usb and wires and tv once booted after update switched back off disconected usb and reconected hdd and proceded to go through set up i have noticed issues using the multi frequency option with my tvs although all suport 60 hz and above so i generly just stick to either one or the other 50/60 and had no issues after there other than when i am using some sky provided hdmi cables notably the pink ended ones ocasionaly caused sound issues ( crackling and farting noises) but i switched them for the ones i ordered but never conected from WOS and that cured that hope that helps :)

TK4|2|1
07-11-16, 08:21
Good excuse to buy a new tv.

joysleep1
07-11-16, 08:33
Good excuse to buy a new tv.

Just doesn't make sense tho.. It's like hit and miss with whether it works on some TVS. And even with some TVS.. It's only specific ports. I thought this box will connect to any working hdmi port.

bkeegs
09-11-16, 23:16
might sound like a daft question but did u lock the hdmi cec port number under settings before trying it in the diferent tv ?

joysleep1
10-11-16, 10:32
might sound like a daft question but did u lock the hdmi cec port number under settings before trying it in the diferent tv ?

nop, did not touch anything to do with HDMi cec.