VU+ Solo 4K

or

Mutant HD51 4K

Need at least 2 Sat Tuners

Will use USB Cable tuner either Sundtek or VU+ turbo Cable tuner

Or Wait for something better.

Sicilian
06-11-16, 12:35
If you need extra hybrid tuner go with Solo4K and get extra plug and play tuner http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-Plus-Solo-4K

twol
06-11-16, 14:12
Chip in hd51 offers more capability than the solo 4k.
If you just want 2 basic tuners then in my view hd51 is better price/performance option.
Support also look better than the typical Vu "not my problem" :)
HD51 is an ugly box, but performs well:)

Andy_Hazza
06-11-16, 15:52
I would also go with the Vu+ Solo 4K that will give you more flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanman
06-11-16, 15:52
Chip in hd51 offers more capability than the solo 4k.
If you just want 2 basic tuners then in my view hd51 is better price/performance option.
Support also look better than the typical Vu "not my problem" :)
HD51 is an ugly box, but performs well:)
Please elaborate on how the chip in the HD51 offers more capability and how this may be of use now or in the future?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

twol
06-11-16, 16:25
Capability is perhaps the wrong word(my marketing background coming out:) ) but its a faster chip and offers vp8/vp9 which the solo chip doesn,t.
It also offers the potential to have multiple images available which Vu doesn,t.
I guess (?) the Vu+ follow on boxes will use the same or later chip as the hd51/52 in my view(:) ) Vu rushed the box out to grab the market.

.... and as a comment when I first had the hd51 I was so disappointed with the externals and remote, I nearly shipped it straight back!

s2tephen
06-11-16, 18:19
Many thanks for the coments .
Looking slightly towards the VU+ Solo 4K
Are VU+ going to bring out a updated version in near future.
Maybe VU+ Duo2 4K would be nice.

DaMacFunkin
06-11-16, 19:16
Capability is perhaps the wrong word(my marketing background coming out:) ) but its a faster chip and offers vp8/vp9 which the solo chip doesn,t.
It also offers the potential to have multiple images available which Vu doesn,t.
I guess (?) the Vu+ follow on boxes will use the same or later chip as the hd51/52 in my view(:) ) Vu rushed the box out to grab the market.

.... and as a comment when I first had the hd51 I was so disappointed with the externals and remote, I nearly shipped it straight back!
It would never cross my mind when buying an enigma2 box if it was compatible with the latest YouTube codec.

DaMacFunkin
06-11-16, 19:17
Many thanks for the coments .
Looking slightly towards the VU+ Solo 4K
Are VU+ going to bring out a updated version in near future.
Maybe VU+ Duo2 4K would be nice.
VU+ are bringing out the Ultimo 4K and I really hope it has VP10.

twol
06-11-16, 19:33
It would never cross my mind when buying an enigma2 box if it was compatible with the latest YouTube codec.

It would never cross my mind to buy a product with a down rated chip, poor support and pay more for it:)
.. but some people love brand names :)

Andy_Hazza
06-11-16, 21:30
It would never cross my mind to buy a product with a down rated chip, poor support and pay more for it:)
.. but some people love brand names :)

Why the Xtrend then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
06-11-16, 21:36
Thats why I tried the mutant :)

s2tephen
06-11-16, 23:28
Ive had the VU+ Duo2 since day 1 it was out never had a problem with it.
Have also brought technomate and miriclebox and LX3 but have got rid of them if that says anything.

Sicilian
07-11-16, 13:46
[QUOTE=Avalon;424266
HD51:
FBC apparently coming next year (HD51 suggested to have them).[/QUOTE]

FBC tuners are not coming to the Mutant range.