PDA

View Full Version : Edison osmini stuck on boot

Ford1
06-11-16, 12:29
Trying to flash my osmini this morning, its hard as I don't get a "post" screen, telling me to press ok

Steps taken.
1. download image from downloads section
2 format usb to fat32
3 unzip the rar file to root of usb key
4 insert key in to rear of receiver
5 power off receiver, then power on and press ok on remote (as my tv wont display a post screen I guess at the time to press)
6 receiver displays "BOOT" on front lcd and has done now for almost 25 mins
7 attempt to telnet in to receiver but it has not connected to (hardwired) lan

When is it acceptable to power down the receiver to re attempt flash?

Sicilian
06-11-16, 12:40
I'd power down and reflash it. Also try rebooting with only HDMI connected.

Ford1
06-11-16, 12:43
As in not sat cables or network cable?

Sicilian
06-11-16, 12:45
As in not sat cables or network cable?

Yes, only leave HDMI cable connected.

Ford1
06-11-16, 12:48
Trying that now, do you know why I never get the "POST" screen, neither my osmini or et8000 show any kind of confirmation they have found an update via the tv. at least the et8000 tells me via the lcd on the front?

What are my options if this fails, the reciver is less than 12 months old, would it be covered under warranty?

Switched to a different tv and used the AV cable, I now have a visable screen showing me the flashing process. hopefully this works.

Sicilian
06-11-16, 13:08
If you still have an issue and if purchased from sponsor open a ticket here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

Ford1
06-11-16, 17:07
Just an update,

All working fine now. for some reason the tv (Samsung) wont display the "POST" boot screen when the mini loads, so I get no information when to press "OK", using the supplied AV cable and connecting via this instead of HDMI I was able to see the POST screen and press OK when needed.

Hope this helps others out.