PDA

View Full Version : Remote control unresponsive

Bangord30
05-11-16, 14:59
Hi All

My xtrend 8500 is now over 3 months old and apart from the cable tuner driver issue..for the last month say on any versions of VIX I've tried(now on .12), in the morning or just at random times of the day when the box hasn't been used for a while...when i use my remote, the STB button just flashes red and does nothing. Of course I've pressed this button and its not on TV setting!

Pressing the front button on the box off and on would sometimes work, using openwebiif to bring the box back into action say might work but sometime only using the rocker would get it working again.

Today however, nothing is getting it working again! It is just flashing red.

I've even been out and had box powered off at rocker for over half an hour thinking that would help but still nothing?! Only openwebif is letting me control the box and its our main box in house so not ideal!

I will go and change the batteries before someone says :)

techygirl
26-02-17, 10:27
I have now got this issue with one of my ET8500 boxes (my newest one.)

First thing in the morning the box is unresponsive. STB button flashes when any buttons are pressed. I change the batteries but just the same - box stays in standby. I can control the box with the remote section of the Tele'mote app.

I can also use the remote from my other ET8500 box.

Once I have got the box switched on then the 'duff' remote works as normal.