PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ wifi-dongle very slow...

Hamram
05-11-16, 13:27
Hi!
I've finally bought an original (Vu+) wifi-dongle for one of my Vu+ Duos. The plan was to get rid of the D-link router (set up as client) I have used until now. The D-link had no issues with slow internet, but the dongle is so slow that the communication between my two boxes are sluggish and sometimes it stops for a second or two. Anyone else with a similar problem..? Any fix..?

timofee
05-11-16, 14:49
You might need to buy a new router.

Trial
05-11-16, 20:04
Hi,
did you put the stick directly into the box? If yes try an extension cable. In my case my rate went from <10MBit to around 100MBit with an extension cable. With extension cable you can try different positions to find the best place.

ciao

brilad
05-11-16, 20:13
i bought a wifi dongle for my vu duo a few weeks ago so I can take my box to my caravan, I use ee for my wifi which is good but wireless. I just need help to set it up.
thanks in advance brilad.

Ashley69
05-11-16, 21:12
menu/setup/system/network/device setup/network wizard and follow the instructions

timofee
07-11-16, 14:44
You need to check if there is a driver available for your wifi dongle.

Some wifi drivers are implemented automatically with the latest ViX image, but some dongles need you to download the matching driver from plugins.