PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Is Auto Update Working?

cliver1956
04-11-16, 20:14
Hi all,

I have just upgraded to 4.2.011 yesterday as I had a few issues and wanted to start with a Clean install.
Everything looked good but I just want to ask..
Is the auto update function working?
I had it switched off on the previous version as it didn't update properly.
Should I switch it off and update manually add I was doing before?
Regards
Clive

john doe
04-11-16, 20:53
if you go into your setup, system and check software update setting and change from there.

Ashley69
04-11-16, 20:54
Auto-Update ? :confused: New to me.

Andy_Hazza
04-11-16, 21:21
ViX doesn't auto update. Never has done n never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
04-11-16, 21:34
It doesn't update it just notifies you there is an update available.

birdman
04-11-16, 21:54
Is the auto update function working?
I had it switched off on the previous version as it didn't update properly.
Should I switch it off and update manually add I was doing before?As has been noted, it never has auto-updated, so it can't have ever worked (or, indeed, ever failed).
So what did you have switched off?

cliver1956
04-11-16, 22:07
Sorry, bad terminology. I mean the indicator that shows an update is available which you can then update via the menu. It didn't work previously because the indicator never went out.
If memory serves it was because it didn't close things down properly and so couldn't update all necessary files.
So I guess my question is. The update indicator is flashing, is it OK to update via the menu or should I do it manually as I was doing on previous build?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

birdman
04-11-16, 23:23
So I guess my question is. The update indicator is flashing, is it OK to update via the menu or should I do it manually as I was doing on previous build?The flashing is just an indication that a new version is available (or that is what it should be - but you say you ar eon 4.2.011, and that is the latest Vix version at the moment). It does nothing more.
All updates are manual (in that they require manual intervention to start them), so I'm not sure what you mean by "via the menu" vs. "manual as I was doing".

cliver1956
05-11-16, 08:40
Sorry for confusion, I wasn't near stb so couldn't be specific.
Under Menu>Setup>Vix there is a Software Update option. Is that safe/OK to use?
On my previous version it didn't update all files properly. So, update was by downloading new image, flashing that via USB and restoring settings from backup. I had found a setting to disable the update available light and keeping an eye on the forum for updates.
Hope that's clearer.
Thanks and regards
Clive

Just to add: the option that I used to disable the update notification was in Menu>System>Software Update Settings - set background check to no.

birdman
05-11-16, 09:08
On my previous version it didn't update all files properly.It will be safe to use, and it should update all files properly. If not that it is a bug and you should report which files were not updated, or at least that there was an update problem.

cliver1956
05-11-16, 09:12
Thanks birdman, I'll give it a go. It was already a known bug in my previous version. Must have been fixed and I missed it in change logs.
Thanks all for patience and assistance. Much appreciated.
Regards
Clive

Andy_Hazza
05-11-16, 09:12
On my previous version it didn't update all files properly. So, update was by downloading new image, flashing that via USB and restoring settings from backup. I had found a setting to disable the update available light and keeping an eye on the forum for updates.
Hope that's clearer.
Thanks and regards
Clive

Just to add: the option that I used to disable the update notification was in Menu>System>Software Update Settings - set background check to no.

What might have been your issue before is when you have online updated when a sticky was put on the forum explaining a usb or couch flash was required but restores were ok and you wouldn't have had the green light issue. Or another instance in the past has been the ocram picons where any updates would show a green light.

cliver1956
05-11-16, 09:15
What might have been your issue before is when you have online updated when a sticky was put on the forum explaining a usb or couch flash was required but restores were ok and you wouldn't have had the green light issue. Or another instance in the past has been the ocram picons where any updates would show a green light.

Yes that was it Andy. I use ocram picons as well. Will these update automatically now then?

Andy_Hazza
05-11-16, 09:49
Yes that was it Andy. I use ocram picons as well. Will these update automatically now then?

No they won't update automatically, you would still need to press Menu > Setup > Software Update

cliver1956
05-11-16, 10:04
No they won't update automatically, you would still need to press Menu > Setup > Software Update

Sorry, that's what I meant. They will update when I do an update from the menu. That will make life a lot easier 😀. Thanks again for the help guys.