PDA

View Full Version : Last Scanned Bouquet

promark
28-10-16, 14:26
Hi

Ever since I upgraded to 4.2.010 on my Duo2 ABM seems to be creating a Last Scanned Bouquet which seems to be all channels including radio in no particular order, I have changed no setting in ABM and cannot find a way of stopping it, also it is not in the hide bouquets list within ABM

Any help appreciated

Have attached a debug log

abu baniaz
28-10-16, 14:31
That bouquet is a system bouquet. It is always populated when you perform a non-ABM scan. We have updated ABM to behave like a normal scan in this regard.

The other system bouquet is "favourites".

birdman
28-10-16, 14:47
We have updated ABM to behave like a normal scan in this regard.So should it be hidden by default in ABM? (Not clear whether the change was to make ABM produce it, or that it always had and it is no longer hidden by default).

The other system bouquet is "favourites".There are two of them - one for radio and one for tv.

promark
28-10-16, 14:49
OK that’s fair enough, but it is within the favourites bouquet so it is appearing as a section as in Movies, Sports, Entertainment etc
maybe i'm not understanding the bouquets correctly?

Is there no way to hide it?

archiedog
30-10-16, 12:53
anyone able to answer the question of how to remove the "last scanned" folder which has only surfaced since the last update??????

Stanman
30-10-16, 12:56
Try in channel list

Favourite
MENUS
Remove

Don't think it will work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Joe_90
30-10-16, 13:02
That bouquet is a system bouquet. It is always populated when you perform a non-ABM scan. We have updated ABM to behave like a normal scan in this regard.

The other system bouquet is "favourites".
@abu - that change seems to have caused an issue for me also. I only use ABM on my main system (no scans of any type performed) and I've noticed that, when I'm in my Freesat bouquet and scrolling through the channel list, when I exit I'm in the "Last Scanned" bouquet and have to select favourites/Freesat to get back into my normal list. I'll have to try a couple of different scenarios to see if I can replicate exactly what's triggering it, but it's definitely happening.

Bangord30
30-10-16, 13:29
Noticed this as well. Every scan brings the bouquet back and it won't hide as usual per my setting to

Bangord30
30-10-16, 23:56
Try in channel list

Favourite
MENUS
Remove

Don't think it will work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You can delete it but fresh scan just brings it back even though I've it hidden as even. I'm on .11 now and seems the same issue

Rob van der Does
31-10-16, 05:19
...(Not clear whether the change was to make ABM produce it, or that it always had and it is no longer hidden by default).
A normal scan produces the 'last scanned' bouquet'. ABM doesn't scan, so it doesn't produce this. Last change to ABM was to let ABM handle this bouquet like it handles all non-ABM bouquets (i.e. leave as is or delete, depending on the settings made by the user).

Bangord30
31-10-16, 08:11
Something has changed. So how can we delete or or hide it permanently after every nightly scan??? Why is it ignored now if hidden via keep bouquets?

abu baniaz
31-10-16, 09:22
As mentioned before, ABM does not create/produce the bouquet, it now populates it. It is a system bouquet. Pretty sure fastscan populates it it, all other scans populate it. Even if you run a transponder scan with no signal wire connected, it will become visible although empty. When you run ABM you are acquiring services, just like a conventional scan albeit by a different method. We have made ABM behave the same way as other channel acquisition processes.

How else will you know which channels you obtained by the last channel acquisition process?

Astra channels usually change on Tuesdays and Thursdays, what benefits are there in Running ABM every day?

@Tony, you should only open up in the last scanned bouquet if you select a channel from the bouquet. If this is not the case, please post recreation steps.

Bangord30
31-10-16, 09:33
Ok Abu cheers. Why can't you hide it then now by choice then? It's still ticked to hide but isn't

abu baniaz
31-10-16, 09:52
"Hide", in the context of this discourse, is an ABM function. The bouquet is not an ABM bouquet. After ABM acquires channels, they are placed in that bouquet as per E2 programming. If you scan a single transponder having used ABM, you will note contents have changed.

We have made ABM adhere to E2 programming.

I think we will be removing favourites/last scanned from the "keep bouquets" section. Again, reasoning is that they are system bouquets. A plugin should not alter system functionalities.

archiedog
31-10-16, 10:25
"Hide", in the context of this discourse, is an ABM function. The bouquet is not an ABM bouquet. After ABM acquires channels, they are placed in that bouquet as per E2 programming. If you scan a single transponder having used ABM, you will note contents have changed.

We have made ABM adhere to E2 programming.

I think we will be removing favourites/last scanned from the "keep bouquets" section. Again, reasoning is that they are system bouquets. A plugin should not alter system functionalities.
In other words, will the "problem" of this last scanned folder appearing be sorted? The original thread was that it has only appeared since a recent update. It never used to be there, was the point!!

promark
31-10-16, 10:47
Whether it is a system generated bouquet or an ABM generated bouquet is irrelevant, my point is it was never shown before and it is now. if it is needed by either ABM or e2 fair enough, but does it need to be displayed?

Andy_Hazza
31-10-16, 10:55
Why is it a biggie? My Last Scanned folder is not visible on my list of bouquets as its on the next page. Why are peeps hung up on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangord30
31-10-16, 11:04
I like using the up/down arrows bouquets/EPG. Seems tough. We'll get used to it. We're all different as you know on here lol

archiedog
31-10-16, 12:00
I'll look at making this hideable.

Huevos, thank you for a simple answer to a simple question. This forum is is crying out for a more understanding output instead of hiding behind techno babble from the few.
If you can indeed reverse the error, then well done from me.

Huevos
31-10-16, 12:08
Last Scanned Bouquet which seems to be all channels including radio in no particular orderAlphabetical... :confused:

Joe_90
31-10-16, 14:12
As mentioned before, ABM does not create/produce the bouquet, it now populates it. It is a system bouquet. Pretty sure fastscan populates it it, all other scans populate it. Even if you run a transponder scan with no signal wire connected, it will become visible although empty. When you run ABM you are acquiring services, just like a conventional scan albeit by a different method. We have made ABM behave the same way as other channel acquisition processes.

How else will you know which channels you obtained by the last channel acquisition process?

Astra channels usually change on Tuesdays and Thursdays, what benefits are there in Running ABM every day?

@Tony, you should only open up in the last scanned bouquet if you select a channel from the bouquet. If this is not the case, please post recreation steps.

@abu - the only way I could recreate this issue consistently was to press the zero key (panic button). This goes to the first channel in the first bouquet. Before this recent change to make the "Last Scanned" list visible, my first bouquet was my Favourites (empty), followed by my Freesat bouquet, followed by SKY etc. This would mean that pressing zero before the recent change would bring me by default to the first channel in the Freesat bouquet. Now it brings me to AAJ TAK, the first channel in the alphabetical "Last Scanned" bouquet which is placed at the top.

My workaround is to change the ABM settings back to their default action of placing bouquets at the top (I had set it to place ABM bouquets after my Favourites (which happens to be empty heh heh!). I changed the providers order to have Freesat first, followed by SKy, etc. Now the "Last Scanned" bouquet is at the bottom of the list and pressing zero brings me to the first channel in Freesat.

Now, I can't say for definite that pressing the zero key is the only way to trigger this problem but I couldn't recreate the issue any other way.

A case of unintended consequences of changing ABM behaviour, perhaps? If Rowland manages to "hide" the Last Scanned bouquet it might be best as it is perhaps confusing to users and it uses conflicting terminology in that ABM doesn't "scan" in the same manner as an E2 transponder scan.

edit - depending on Channel List settings, a user may end up in this alphabetical "last Scanned" bouquet unintentionally by advancing past the last entry in their own/ABM bouquet. My personal settings don't allow zapping past the end of the current bouquet.

Huevos
31-10-16, 15:16
At FT.

That behaviour hasnt changed. Scan a transponder with manual scan. If have ABM at the bottom the first channel in your list will be from last scanned irrespective of ABM changes.

Joe_90
01-11-16, 00:43
The point being made is that now ABM creates (unhides?) a last scanned bouquet - this is a new behaviour and it is why users are remarking on it. I don't do transponder scans on my main box - I just run ABM ;)

Huevos
01-11-16, 00:50
No. It does not "unhide" anything. All other scans produce that bouquet. Why should ABM be any different.

Huevos
01-11-16, 02:37
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/f32e2257a9d0a5cf3f0585ff63b81377668bf443

Bangord30
01-11-16, 13:50
We use up down arrows bouquets more so just going to have to get used to it I think. ATV seems the same.

promark
01-11-16, 14:48
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/f32e2257a9d0a5cf3f0585ff63b81377668bf443

I have used this commit and is now hidden after a scan

Thanks Huevos

birdman
01-11-16, 17:20
We use up down arrows bouquets more so just going to have to get used to it I think. ATV seems the same.Not sure what you mean by "up down arrows", but what ATV, or anyone else, does isn't really relevant for something that's newly causing a problem for Vix users and is easily fixable.

promark
01-11-16, 17:25
Not sure what you mean by "up down arrows", but what ATV, or anyone else, does isn't really relevant for something that's newly causing a problem for Vix users and is easily fixable.

I think he means TV button for the channel list rather than the EPG, is my preferred method too

Bangord30
01-11-16, 17:25
I'm Vix but I saw ATV users saying the same is what I meant so don't blame you guys lol. I mean if I'm watching a channel and want to see what's in I press up or down arrows around the ok button then go through bouquets from there and no way of hiding it in there is there? I've not looked at Huevos' fix though.

Bangord30
01-11-16, 23:38

Thanks Huevos

Yes thanks - both of you! Missed this. How do you apply this fix exactly???

Huevos
02-11-16, 00:43
Yes thanks - both of you! Missed this. How do you apply this fix exactly???Just pull the next update.

Bangord30
02-11-16, 09:02
Just pull the next update.

What does that mean in English please lol? I've FTPd ipks before but normally used to plugins feed. I presume some manual here Id have to do? Putty?

Huevos
02-11-16, 09:25
Wait until the software update icon flashes and download the update. Or download the .py from github, ftp it to your receiver, restart gui, delete .py.

Bangord30
02-11-16, 09:28
I'm on latest Vix, .11. Ok I'll try again or download .py. Thanks again

ismailbmw
20-12-16, 19:51
Evening all. Just updated to .21 (from 4.2.04) did a USB flash since it's been a while. And now I have the last scanned bouquet. How can I disable this please. Even if I delete it still comes back. When ABM runs. The main reason is that I don't want kids going in the last scanned bouquet. Thanks

ismailbmw
20-12-16, 20:31
Ignore my last post, I figured it out:

For anyone ina similar pickle:
in ABM Configure: Keep all non ABM Bouquet = No

Then a new menu appears in the main ABM Page
Keep Bouquets

(select as you wish there) mine is just Favorite.

Thanks

zino
02-06-17, 16:42

Thanks Huevos

I downloaded the bouquetswriter.py file and FTP'd it to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/AutoBouquetsMarker/scanner and restarted my box but Last Scanned still shows up every time I run ABM.
I don't want to tell ABM to Not keep other bouquets as want to use other bouquets like IPTV and custom made bouquets.

How do I get the "commit" to work?

dsayers
02-06-17, 17:01
I don't want to tell ABM to Not keep other bouquets as want to use other bouquets like IPTV and custom made bouquets.

How do I get the "commit" to work?

Im not sure what you mean you dont want to tell ABM not to keep bouquets as want to use other bouquets like IPTV and custom made bouquets.

If I have keep all non ABM bouquets no then I have a keep bouquets option and can tick any of my custom or iptv bouquets I want plus untick last scanned so it doesn't appear after scan.

Im not sure how else you expect it to work as last scanned isnt an ABM bouquet so if you yes to keep all none ABM bouquets then it will keep last scanned.

abu baniaz
02-06-17, 17:31
If you are on an image newer than the commit, no point downloading the file. It will be already included. I am closing this thread as it is redundant.

Post 37 describes what to do if you want to individually keep some bouquets that are proper bouquets. i.e listed in bouquets.tv (I have just added the pictures)

Anybody with an issue should start an ABM thread with debug log that includes ABM execution, stating exactly what the problem is and what they want to achieve.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-Please-read-before-raising-ABM-support-questions