PDA

View Full Version : Hey Official Newbie here!

mrpezzer
02-11-16, 16:07
Hi all,

I've just ordered my first box (Vu+Solo2) from World Of Satellite. I have requested it to be flashed with Black Hole. I want to play around with the box eventually and try some different images add ons etc, but ordered the box already flashed so it gave me a good starting point from a dealer which I know I'll get legit box.

I was just wondering having ordered it already loaded with Black Hole how much extra will I have to do to get the box up and running (and watching TV) once I've cabled it in an turned it on??

I'm in the UK (South) and will be connecting it to my existing Sky dish.

I'm pretty tech savy and work in the IP world so I'm not afraid of things going wrong and working out how to fix it, thats half the fun! :-)

Idealy I want the box to act as Freesat box with a decent skin and EPG (maybe the Blue Sky style) and have Kodi on there which I already know how to install decent builds.

Any pointers links etc would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

Andy_Hazza
02-11-16, 16:55
This is an OpenViX forum. [emoji87]
Good choice of receiver though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronand
02-11-16, 17:07
This is an OpenViX forum. [emoji87]
Good choice of receiver though.

Do you mean you know nothing about blackhole? There is nothing in the rules suggesting blackhole advice cannot be given. Vix is my preferred image but we cant all be right.

Sicilian
02-11-16, 17:12
Member are free to discuss Blackhole images or whatever image they like to use as far as I'm concerned, forum is open to all :)

To the op, see www.openvix.co.uk if you'd like to try OpenViX, also some video guides there too.

Andy_Hazza
02-11-16, 17:16
Do you mean you know nothing about blackhole? There is nothing in the rules suggesting blackhole advice cannot be given. Vix is my preferred image but we cant all be right.

Did I say that? For your info I've tested BH images no end and my personal opinion is that its a horrid image, but thats my opinion. I very rarely will tarnish my receivers with that crap unless I have to. lol

abu baniaz
02-11-16, 17:34
Welcome to the forum @mrpezzer

ronand
02-11-16, 17:35
I wouldn't use BH either.

Sicilian
02-11-16, 18:23
Did I say that? For your info I've tested BH images no end and my personal opinion is that its a horrid image, but thats my opinion. I very rarely will tarnish my receivers with that crap unless I have to. lol

Come on Andy, be nice. We're teams that strive for great e2 images.

mrpezzer
02-11-16, 21:19
😶 whoops that's a bit of a mistake on my part. Sorry guys didn't realise this was Openvix focused, my bad.

I've chatted the guys at WOS and they recommend Openvix and have pointed me towards the flashing etc guides, so will more than likely re flash the box when it arrives tomorrow. Must say I can't find a decent forum for black hole that doesn't appear a bit tacky.

I'm sure I'll get the box set up ok once I've flashed it. I'm guessing it's just not as straight forward as a standard consumer set top box. Does it have a wizard on first power up?

Will let you know how I get on and thanks for the welcome.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bazzer
02-11-16, 21:54
Just search for new box setup guides on the forum you won't go far wrong :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
03-11-16, 00:02
Try the images, settle for the one you like most. The main stuff is the same, so you will get help with those whatever image you are on. all images have tweaks/changes that are unique, so forums favouring the image you are using may be better suited.

enjoy your stay.

mrpezzer
03-11-16, 23:44
Thanks guys.

So far so good. Flashed the Solo2 with Openvix. Set up Tuners, Set up Providers/Services, Changed EPG (Blue), Added Picons... All is looking good!

The one thing I'm stuck on is that the channels are all listed A-Z and not in a traditional Sky/Freesat way, also it shows ALL the BBC regions. Is there away to change both of these??? Been through every menu I can find.

Cheers
Mike

abu baniaz
04-11-16, 00:29
Have you run AutoBouquetsMaker?

mrpezzer
04-11-16, 10:35
Yep. When I go into AutoBouquetsMaker > Hide Sections I can see the long list of scetions. When I go to the EPG it just says Last Scanned as the section and all the channels in A-Z order below.

Is having Sky and Freesat channels selected confusing things? I've got it set up to only show FTA channels and only Sky FTA HD channels, as I've read that HD ones don't work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

mrpezzer
04-11-16, 10:51
Think I've cracked by only having one provider... do you think that was it? Now when I press EPG it comes up with the section selection on the left hand side. I assume its not possible to have it in tabs like on Sky?

mrpezzer
04-11-16, 11:33
Agree the Blue HD skin is just fine and now I have the sections its perfect for the family. My only navigation annoyance is when you're in a section, say Entertainment, I can't get straight back to the section list??? It goes to the current channel with the info box showing. Is it possible to get back to the sections from the cross EPG?

Cheers

Mr. Mister
04-11-16, 11:47
Guys.. This is the introduction section..

You will get alot more help in the open forum.. rather than in here..

brett davies
07-11-16, 20:28
How are you go to epg. It pressing the egg button ?.
Try pressing arrow up on the circle controls then press blue for favourites then press entertainment and select bbc1.once you are watching bbc1 then press the epg button and then all shall be revieled

mrpezzer
08-11-16, 20:40
Cheers Brett much appreciated, that works a treat!

...and sorry about this being in the wrong section. Will move further questions to the other sections.