PDA

View Full Version : New sky satellite installation with VU Zero

jimmyjoe
01-11-16, 20:03
Hi there,

I recently got a new sky dish installed and SKY Q box. I disconnected the SKY Q to connect up my vu zero and I cannot get any signal. I am using the latest version of openvix.

I think my issue might be that the LNB is the new wideband for SKY Q??? Is there a way I can configure the tuner in advanced settings to pick up signal?

Currently i have it set to

Simple
SIngle
no

Many thanks for any advice

No1gooner
01-11-16, 20:39
I'm not sure you can, your right that the sky q lnb is the cause, you can get a hybrid lnb that is designed to work with sky q and freesat boxes which would solve your issue.

jimmyjoe
01-11-16, 21:56
thanks for your response

i dont actually have the sky Q anymore as returned to sky and do have an old LNB lying round. Would i be fine to swap out and is it likely to fit OK?

chuf
01-11-16, 22:37
Should work fine the old lnb not sure about the fitting depends how old your dish is :cool:
Worth a shot though :thumbsup:

jimmyjoe
01-11-16, 23:36
Should work fine the old lnb not sure about the fitting depends how old your dish is :cool:
Worth a shot though :thumbsup:

Its brand new.... i was hoping for a tuner configuration option

No1gooner
02-11-16, 15:31
thanks for your response

i dont actually have the sky Q anymore as returned to sky and do have an old LNB lying round. Would i be fine to swap out and is it likely to fit OK?

If it's a brand new dish it will probably be a mk4 sky dish so as long as your old lnb is a fairly recent one it will more then likely be a mk 4 quad or octo in which case you should be able to just swap them over, not sure if the sky q lnb still uses the same attachment you can try it but if your old lnb still has the attachment with it then you can just remove the q one and push the old one back into the dish arm.

jimmyjoe
02-11-16, 21:56
thanks all... i shall look to replace