PDA

View Full Version : New ET8500 still with problems

lsces
01-11-16, 16:11
Or rather a problem with the network connection stopping shortly after any restart. Simply starting the network again restores the connection but only for a short time.
I've been running my H.2S on the cables and that has been up for several days without a problem before the replacement ET8500 went back in, so I do not think there is any problem my side.
So am I still looking at a hardware problem in the tuner or a software problem.

I've got logging on and it's happily sent a copy a vixlogs as 1478010628.97 so where do I go next?

twol
01-11-16, 16:28
Or rather a problem with the network connection stopping shortly after any restart. Simply starting the network again restores the connection but only for a short time.
I've been running my H.2S on the cables and that has been up for several days without a problem before the replacement ET8500 went back in, so I do not think there is any problem my side.
So am I still looking at a hardware problem in the tuner or a software problem.

I've got logging on and it's happily sent a copy a vixlogs as 1478010628.97 so where do I go next?

Attach log here its faster:) , I am assuming this is a debug log?
2ndly how do you know its stopped ...,, what are the indications etc?
Tuner has nothing directly to do with ethernet connection

lsces
01-11-16, 19:05
WOS Support asked me to back-pedal to just the raw image which I have done, and things seem to be stable. I'm using this tuner to provide a feed to the desktop, so when the stream drops out ... no network.
ssh, ftp and webit were all off, and simply restarting the network restored operation. The unit had been recording quite happily with the network off and everything was working from the remote.
I've had programs running on the desktop since resetting, so the next step is to add back things one at a time.and let it run for a while ...