PDA

View Full Version : Factory Reset Function

Terrafirma
01-11-16, 13:54
Greetings Forum Members,

A question i'm hoping some of you technical gurus can enlighten me on :

1. I notice a menu option of " Factory Reset". My question is what function does this serve and when might it be appropriate to apply ?

2. My follow on question is : Would a "Factory Reset " followed by an "Image Restore" followed by a "Settings Restore" return my receiver to it's current status assuming all my back-ups were up-to-date ?

Cheers !!!

Trial
01-11-16, 14:07
Hi,
1. bring back settings to default. For me it is more or less not needed. A fresh flash is normally a better solution.

2. You do not need Factory Reset before Image Restore as Image restore overwrites all old installations/settins. You also need no Settings Restore if you did a real Image Restore with a recent Image. Settings restore is need if your image backup was rather old or if you make a fresh flash with the latest image.

ciao

abu baniaz
01-11-16, 16:05
Factory reset is a misleading title. It is not a factory reset. The only thing that will factory reset is installing the same image that was installed when it left the factory. Flashing any image removes all of the previous stuff.

Factory reset just deletes the contents of /etc/enigma2/ This is where most user data is.