PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG very slow to display

Mavarick
31-10-16, 23:07
Every since the last 2 updates, I have noticed the EPG has been very slow to display or populate the screen.
Sometimes it will only show the first 3 lines ( I have it set at 12), then the rest will slowy pop in ,
and slow to scroll up or down as well.
the only change I have made as far as I can recall is adding picons to the EPG,
Here in New Zealand I only have it pointed at Optus D1 for our FTA channels
many thanks

Andy_Hazza
01-11-16, 06:52
Where have you added your picons? HDD by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavarick
01-11-16, 08:06
Yes in a folder called picon

wullboy
01-11-16, 09:07
Stick you picons & epg into a usb stick, this stops the hard-drive spinning up all the time and constantly in use...???

ronand
01-11-16, 09:16
Yes it sounds like waiting for the HDD to spin up. If you dont have too many addons installed you may be able to install them in flash memory if you dont have a usb stick.

DaMacFunkin
01-11-16, 09:23
You have a solo2, stick the picons into flash and delete the ones on your hard drive and reboot, all you need to do is set the picon folder to be included in your back ups.

wullboy
01-11-16, 11:37
Yes Avalon you are correct m8 [ if he is using timeshift ] and if he is not ?? would that not cause the EPG to be slow when populating ...??

ccs
01-11-16, 11:41
... epg is permanently stored in flash when box is running. It's read from hdd/usb (epg.dat) on bootup, and written back at closedown (or more regularly if you choose).

Trial
01-11-16, 12:07
Hi,
EPG is in RAM when E2 is running. Reading a lot of small files is the domain of flash drives as the seek times are a lot smaller (around 0.1 compared to 10ms).

I have my PIcon on flash drive so I do not have to care about backup and so on.

ciao

Mavarick
01-11-16, 20:41
Thanks for all the feedback.
I don't use time-shift as I record more than I watch live.
I will try installing the picons into the flash or a usb and see how that goes.
thanks
Again

Tkr001
04-11-16, 11:11
Mavarick, I am overseas ATM but do not have your issue with a Solo2. When I get back I can send you a backup image if you like to test. I have the new TVNZ picons if you want them too.

Mavarick
06-11-16, 21:36
Hi Tony.
That would be great, Thanks