PDA

View Full Version : Edition os mini 1xdvb-s2/t2/ch.265

Busterroo
31-10-16, 10:54
Hi,
Just wondering can I watch a satellite channel on this box while watching a terrestrial channel like you can on a twin or combo tuner?

Andy_Hazza
31-10-16, 10:56
How would you do this? Do you mean record a satellite channel while watching a terrestrial channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Busterroo
31-10-16, 11:03
Yes Andy, that's what I meant to say, watch one whilst recording another.

jonesmvix
07-11-16, 16:56
Did you get an answer to that question Busteroo. I am assuming that even thought its a tuner with 2 inputs, the fact that it is only one tuner means that you can only record 1 transponder at a time be it sat or cable? Not much info on this box in general, does anyone have one yet?

john doe
07-11-16, 17:03
not sure if a usb tuner would work. I assume so

jonesmvix
07-11-16, 17:10
Should do but this box has a 2 input single tuner which has far as I can make out can show channels for either input feed be it sat or cable. As I said above I think that the single tuner restricts it to recording from the transponder you are viewing. Someone must have this box now and be able to confirm. I am drawn to the H.265 but would want to record / view separate transponders.

Sicilian
07-11-16, 18:20
OS Mini+ can only use one signal type at a time. It cannot use both cable/terrestrial at the same time as satellite.

If that is required look at the Combo model, that has two tuners. 1x satellite and 1x hybrid cable/terrestrial http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2

jonesmvix
07-11-16, 18:24
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, am I right in thinking it can have a cable/terrestrial feed connected at the same time as satellite and you can switch between the 2 as far as viewing is concerned. The only difference from the combo box is you cant view one and record another?

Sicilian
07-11-16, 18:33
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, am I right in thinking it can have a cable/terrestrial feed connected at the same time as satellite and you can switch between the 2 as far as viewing is concerned. The only difference from the combo box is you cant view one and record another?

Yes correct.

jonesmvix
07-11-16, 18:39
Thanks for clearing that one up Sicillian