PDA

View Full Version : My xtrend 8000 seems to have frozen on Vix bootup

joysleep1
28-10-16, 21:20
Ok so i wanted to do a fresh flash to the latest VIx but for some reason after the flashing stage, it loads up openvix and then i just get a spinning logo, ten freezes for 10 seconds, then the logo spins again, it has been doing it every time i boot up. Even when i boot up without flashing it just gets stuck with the logo spinning and then freezing again. I have tried the latest openvix and the one of the old versions.
My receiver is stuck whatever i do. It just gets stuck on bootup whatever happens
I am out of ideas now.
Thanks

twol
29-10-16, 10:55
Sounds like boot crash
Telnet into boxes ip address , then enter
Init 4 ........wait 60 secs for everything to be stopped
enigma2

Look through through the log until you see the problem;)

joysleep1
29-10-16, 12:48
Sounds like boot crash
Telnet into boxes ip address , then enter
Init 4 ........wait 60 secs for everything to be stopped
enigma2

Look through through the log until you see the problem;)

How tho. I can't get it connected to my network. It doesn't even pass that stage. It's like openvix is corrupted. Is there anyway I can get get it to boot into a different mode or something?

john doe
29-10-16, 13:13
have you tried to flash again?

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:19
have you tried to flash again?

Yh i have tried flashing, same thing happens.. is there anyway i can upload a video of what happening?
It just spins in the corner and then screen goes black. I tried this vix and the last series of openvix same thing happens. I have no HDD connected to it can not be something to do with that.
Really strange.

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 13:20
Have you tried flashing the bootloader first then try flashing the image again after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:32
Have you tried flashing the bootloader first then try flashing the image again after?

Oh sorry Andy. Have no idea what bootloader does I have never needed to do anyting with that?
How do i do this? and what does this do?

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 13:39
I just wondered if something has got corrupted. Is pretty much same procedure as if you were flashing an image but it literally only takes a few seconds to complete.
Bootloader can be found here. Go with the latest one. >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/bootloaders/xtrend-bootloaders/et-8x00-bootloaders/

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:42

on the openvix website i see two things

ET-8×00 Bootloaders
Et8000 Cfe 20140214 (153.6k)
LAST MODIFIED FEBRUARY 16, 2015 AT 4:17 PM
Et8000 Cfe 20140821 (155.7k)
LAST MODIFIED FEBRUARY 16, 2015 AT 4:17 PM

Would i need to do something with this?

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:43
I just wondered if something has got corrupted. Is pretty much same procedure as if you were flashing an image but it literally only takes a few seconds to complete.
Bootloader can be found here. Go with the latest one. >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/bootloaders/xtrend-bootloaders/et-8x00-bootloaders/

Hey andy

So it is exactly the same thing as flashing an image. So what would happen after this? Would it just go back to its factory settings? Also, which one do i pick?

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 13:44
Go with the latest one dated 21/08/2014.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:46
Go with the latest one dated 21/08/2014.

ok i will try that now. So once i have done that, i can take the usb out and then put latest version of vix and try again.
What would load up when i flash the bootloader thing?

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 13:48
Yeah flash bootloader first then take usb out n power off. Then insert usb with image on n power on n flash latest ViX image.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:49
Yeah flash bootloader first then take usb out n power off. Then insert usb with image on n power on n flash latest ViX image.

ok so i extracted the file onto the USb stick but it did not come up with any message asking me to press OK
IS it supposed to ask me something?

joysleep1
29-10-16, 13:53
I found these instructions on the xtrend website

1. Download the attached zip file.

2. Unzip and copy + paste the et8000 folder on to your USB Stick

3. Insert USB Stick to your ET8000.

4. When you see the message "Flash Image?" on your front display, press the CH 'down' key (instead of the 'up' key which you would normally use to flash an image).

Is this correct? I always press OK when it asks for flash

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 13:55
CH down is correct for the bootloader.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:01

But it should still come up with some sort of message right?

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:07

ok the 2nd one was not working. Tried the first one and i pressed ch down
It did it quite quickly.but it still booted up with that spinning vix logo.
So wierd

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:10
It said bootloader updated and then started again with the same thing. Could it be my box has now become faulty?

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 14:30
Now flash the latest ViX image.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:36
Now flash the latest ViX image.

Yup. Just tried that. Didnt work. Back to the same thing. It just constantly spins then stops. I cant even get to the wizard section. Anyways, i have opened a ticket with the sponsor, i only bought it this year January. maybe they can help.
Box is useless right now. Really frustrated.

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 14:40
Yeah WoS are pretty good. Good luck bud.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:45
Yeah WoS are pretty good. Good luck bud.

Ok this is really strange. I inserted the 2 plug n play satellite tuners for my xtrend 8000 and it worked.
The reason it did not have any was because it was going to go downstairs into the extension and would only be used as remotestream. I had no idea the tuners affect the start-up for openvix.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 14:47
Ok this is really strange. I inserted the 2 plug n play satellite tuners for my xtrend 8000 and it worked.
The reason it did not have any was because it was going to go downstairs into the extension and would only be used as remotestream. I had no idea the tuners affect the start-up for openvix.

That is so strange. I put the tuners back in thinking that would not make a diffrence and it somehow did.

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 14:58
Yeah tuners can have a knock on affect. Did you not have any tuners in?

joysleep1
29-10-16, 15:00

Well i did but once i got my xtrend 10000 i decided to remove them and i will just use the et 8000 as a slavebox for streaming. But now i have put them in. I will deconfure them and hopefuly it can run without any tuners.
So strange,

joysleep1
29-10-16, 15:11

Thanks for your help tho andy.. Appreciate it

joysleep1
29-10-16, 15:14
Ok one of thing to note is that you have to have at satellite tuner in to boot up into openvix regardless of you have it not configured
Really strange.

Andy_Hazza
29-10-16, 15:24
Yeah I would have thought you would need tuners in regardless if you were gonna use it as a slave box etc.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 16:26
Yeah I would have thought you would need tuners in regardless if you were gonna use it as a slave box etc.

Well I didn't think it was needed if you weren't going to use it.

Sicilian
29-10-16, 16:53
Xtrend ET8000 will not boot without any tuners.

joysleep1
29-10-16, 22:40
Xtrend ET8000 will not boot without any tuners.

Ok
Yh i figured that out. Had no idea the tuners would make a difference. So strange