PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Player HD

crx
26-10-16, 16:44
I have this installed and works perfect when on the wifi but when I leave the house the app wont connect to my box, is there something I'm missing out or haven't done or is it just not possible?

Thanks

Ashley69
26-10-16, 17:04
There are a couple of ways of doing this.
1. Opening the lan port of your box on your router. (Not recommended for security reasons)
2. If your router has OPENVPN built in then set this up on your router. You then need to set up the OPENVPN app on you device. Once it's set up turn on the OPENVPN and then use your vu,+ app as normal. There are other ways which I'm not fully au-fait with. (SSH)

crx
26-10-16, 18:12
I'm not overly worried about watching the TV through the app it's more so having access to the box and being able to record from the app.

How would I know if my router has openvpn?

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
26-10-16, 21:11
Look up its model name, if it is ddwrt compatible then it will be.

crx
26-10-16, 21:21
It's a sky router so highly unlikely it will but I'll check when I get home. Thanks

crx
27-10-16, 16:19
Is this any use:

SKY SR102
The SKY SR102 (Black) is an Broadcom MIPS-based ADSL router with 802.11bgn wireless and ADSL2+ support. It has a 4-port switch, and the wireless antenna is integrated in the device.

Supported Versions

Version/Model Launch Date S/N OpenWrt Version Supported Model Specific Notes
SKY SR102 2013 Q4 X#####AX###### Partly supported No ADSL or integrated WiFi support
GPL Source code: http://www1.sky.com/opensourcesoftware/SkyHub/opensourcesoftwaredownloads.html

Hardware Highlights

Ver CPU Ram Flash Network Wireless USB Serial JTag
v2 Broadcom BCM63168 400MHz 128MiB 16MiB 4x LAN (1 used for WAN) Broadcom BCM435F No Yes Yes

Apologies ive no idea regarding routers etc!!!