PDA

View Full Version : No space left on device

tm57
26-10-16, 13:44
I'm reasonably technical but fairly new to the Edision OS Mini box - also this may be more Vix related so I'm happy to post elsewhere if needed.

The issue I have is that, following several months of having no issues, I found today that the WiFi connection had failed. On further investigation this appears to be due to lack of space on the box. This results in the box crashing each time I edit the wireless settings.

I should be able to connect via FTP on a cable connection in order to remove superfluous files but I'm unsure which files I should look to clear out, and where from.

Can anyone suggest anything? I've included a section of the crash log.

Willmoore
26-10-16, 15:26
Do you have a storage device attached (flash drive or usb hdd)

tm57
26-10-16, 15:44
Yes I do - a 4GB flash drive, however I've now noticed that the EPG is downloading to the main flash storage which I assume is the cause of the problem. I'm in the process of trying to reset Cross EPG to store on the external flash drive to see if I can free up some space.

Willmoore
26-10-16, 15:56
Menu>set up>system>EPG >settings>EPGlocation - Your flash drive will probably show as HDD

tm57
26-10-16, 23:05
Thanks - I've been unable to fix the wifi so, rather than set up a cable connection to delete files, I've reflashed and everything is OK now - with the EPG stored on the flash drive.