PDA

View Full Version : EPG, Bouquets/Categories

Niteowl
25-10-16, 17:12
I'm pulling my hair out with this, it will be the death of me :mad:

Using an Edison OS mini, ViX 4.2.006 (only delivered today). I've managed to get an EPG working, but seemingly only the freeview channels. I have confirmed that my epg is being stored on my usb drive, selected "Sky Uk OpenTV" within the openTv providers, updated rytec providers, but can't find the "XEPGDB providers" on the main crossEPG 0.8.1 screen, as per Sicilian's instructions for How to setup Crossepg in all ViX Images. I have done countless sat scans (finds 900+ channels), but every time i try to view the EPG, at only shows 175 channels in one long consecutive list. Starting with BBC One, and ending with BBC RB1 ( I should also point out that I do believe that I've correctly selected my region "NW Granada" yet I do still seem to have versions of the BBC from around the country) Seemingly, it is only showing freeview channels, instead of the full range on 28.2.

I know it will be a simple solution, something I haven't done, but I can't for the life of me work it out :confused: :o

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 17:19
but every time i try to view the EPG, at only shows 175 channels in one long consecutive list.
You are mixing up EPG and Bouquets.

1. Did CrossEPG download successfully?
2. What button are you pressing to view the "EPG".
3. Attach a picture of what you see please.

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 17:22
CrossEPG downloader downloads the EPG data (synopsis data) . It does nothing for your bouquets/genres/favourites/groups of channels.

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 17:44
You have not said how you have created your bouquets. I am assuming you made your bouquets using AutoBouquetsMaker. I presume you used Sky UK, and selected your region. If this is not correct say so please.

To access a specific bouquet/"favourite folder".
Option 1.
Press the TV or FAV button.
Select the bouquet you want.
Select the channel you want.

Option 2.
Press the channel up/down button.
Press the Blue (favourites) button.
Select the channel you want.

To access Graphical EPG".
When you enter the EPG system, you will open up in the bouquet you were in.
You will not see any other bouquet.
Press the TV or FAV button.
Select the bouquet you want.
Select channel you want. Setting for preview mode affects how things will go from here and what button you press.

It is a huge learning curve, if something is not clear say so.

Niteowl
25-10-16, 17:48
Yes, I am mixing the two up, as I have just learned thanks to your reply to my other post :D

CrossEPG did indeed appear to download successfully, I'm pressing the "EPG" button on the Edison.

By randomly pressing numbers to select different channels (hoping to arrive at a non-freeview one) I do now appear to have a much larger selection of channels, but again it is all in one long list, no different "genres" are available to choose.

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 17:52
If you can see the EPG, what others call synopsis, you have EPG working fine. Forget CrossEPG now.

Have you read post 4 of this thread?

Niteowl
25-10-16, 17:54
I'm getting there, thanks to your dogged persistence in helping me :D Pressing the TV button, does indeed show me "categories" that I can choose from, so it's definitely an improvement ! :cool:

Niteowl
25-10-16, 17:57
Yes I used Autobouquets maker. Selected my region (NW Granada for the freeview & Granada SD for Sky UK area)

Niteowl
25-10-16, 18:11
I believe I now have a working EPG for 28.2 thanks abu baniaz :smiley_yup: Now I need to go do some reading up on how to stop AB from populating the HD channels, and I'll be delighted if I can get that sorted too :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your patient help and assistance mate, you're a star !

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 18:15
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47834-ABM-How-to-exclude-unavailable-HD-channels

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 18:22
I have moved your thread to the support section and retitled it.

AutoBouquetsMaker >>>>>> makes bouquets (what you call categories)
CrossEPG downloader >>>>> downloads EPG data

Going to leave this thread before the people who keep arguing that EPG = Bouquets show up.

BTW, Freeview is from the TV aerial, not satellite.

Niteowl
29-10-16, 12:45
Thanks for all the help Abu Baniaz. Thanks to this forum I now have it running the way I wanted it to run, no extra HD channels, and no dodgy audio commentary either, thoroughly deserving of the "donation" I've made :thumbsup: