PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for starter box

crx
25-10-16, 12:00
I'm looking to set a box for a friend but not sure what's worth a shout, I'm currently running a duo 2 and solo 2 but he doesn't want to spend that sort of money. Ideally he is looking to spend around £100ish and would like twin sat turner with the option to add an internal hdd.

Thanks for any help!!!

twol
25-10-16, 12:20
I'm looking to set a box for a friend but not sure what's worth a shout, I'm currently running a duo 2 and solo 2 but he doesn't want to spend that sort of money. Ideally he is looking to spend around £100ish and would like twin sat turner with the option to add an internal hdd.

Thanks for any help!!!
ET7500 will take 2tuners (1 on motherboard, 1 plugin) plus 2.5 hdd

crx
25-10-16, 13:57
Thanks, Id imagine he will be happy to pay the £140 for the ET75000. How would they compare the likes of the VU boxes for ease of use?

Andy_Hazza
25-10-16, 15:11
Throw this into the mix also. >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-twin-satellite

All the boxes use the same image (ViX) so same as the Vu+. Vu+ Solo2/Vu+ Duo2 far superior receivers but comes at a price. This and the other boxes mentioned are good budget receivers but no comparison in specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
25-10-16, 18:45
Another to consider is the Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 Plus Twin satellite tuner model at only £128, also has internal SATA HDD facility http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-twin-satellite

twol
25-10-16, 19:18
When you compare Vu vs the rest, its like comparing Audi vs VW, its the same chassis, same components plus some glossy trims ... but people pay for the brand and trims:)
Support .... both are bad and good.... and I lliterally live in Audi land!

Crosswire
30-10-16, 15:50
Same with me this. New to this scene after sacking off that provider we all know of.. So, I'm looking (I think) for a twin tuner sat receiver so I believe I can watch/record. I would like the channels including the sport. My question is, there are many receivers out there, which is a good one to go for. Budget wise, around a ton, but if it's up to 2 ton, then as long as it's something half decent, then that's me. I'm not a bottom of the range kinda guy, but neither am I rolls Royce.

Any advice appreciated guys, you know far more about this than I do.

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
30-10-16, 17:58
Same with me this. New to this scene after sacking off that provider we all know of.. So, I'm looking (I think) for a twin tuner sat receiver so I believe I can watch/record. I would like the channels including the sport. My question is, there are many receivers out there, which is a good one to go for. Budget wise, around a ton, but if it's up to 2 ton, then as long as it's something half decent, then that's me. I'm not a bottom of the range kinda guy, but neither am I rolls Royce.

Any advice appreciated guys, you know far more about this than I do.

Cheers

You'll not go far wrong with a Vu+ Solo2, an excellent receiver. [emoji1360]

DaMacFunkin
30-10-16, 18:09
When you compare Vu vs the rest, its like comparing Audi vs VW, its the same chassis, same components plus some glossy trims ... but people pay for the brand and trims:)
Support .... both are bad and good.... and I lliterally live in Audi land!

Don't agree, my sister has a xtrend e8000 and it is a nice box, changes channel and stuff quick enough, but I was shocked at how long it takes to do some things us VU+ users take for granted, like parsing EPG from opentv, nearly fell asleep.

Sicilian
30-10-16, 18:21
Don't agree, my sister has a xtrend e8000 and it is a nice box, changes channel and stuff quick enough, but I was shocked at how long it takes to do some things us VU+ users take for granted, like parsing EPG from opentv, nearly fell asleep.

That's is how a number of brands read the data. Don't really matter anyway as it's done in standby.

Andy_Hazza
30-10-16, 19:32

I agree 100%. Vu+ far superior when it comes to parsing EPG data.

Sicilian
30-10-16, 19:37
I agree 100%. Vu+ far superior when it comes to parsing EPG data.

Superior? How, all read the data, it's how data is read, end result is the same.

Andy_Hazza
30-10-16, 20:03
You'll never convince me otherwise Sicillian on this one. It makes a big difference to me, thats why Vu+'s are my main receivers.

Crosswire
30-10-16, 23:23
You'll not go far wrong with a Vu+ Solo2, an excellent receiver. [emoji1360]

Hi, sorry to bug you, but wanted to get the right one. There are a few at £169 but doubt it's those as the reviews are not in.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-Solo-2-Solo2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

Thanks!

Andy_Hazza
31-10-16, 06:08
Thats the one. [emoji1360]