PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UE43KU6500 TV HDCP message using sky

spartans
24-10-16, 07:39
Hello everyone I have upgraded my TV to a Samsung UE43KU6500 and as it has no scart connection I have changed my sky box to a Amstrad HD all has been fine for 6 weeks but on Sunday the TV displayed a banner HDCP not supported on this screen contact sky for help and disconnect HDMI cable. Contacted sky they are sending someone out in two weeks but ive changed HDMI cable no joy, updated TV software and powered down skybox several times then at last for 6 hours it was fine but message is back ? I'm am using analogue at the minute to view sky has anyone a solution to this problem . Other sources such as dvd etc work fine on the same HDMI input

tiggerbiker
24-10-16, 08:29
im far from an expert on the subject but HDCP is a fairly new form of copy protection, if you plug something that outputs an HDCP signal into something that doesnt support it then you will get the message you are seeing. quite why you can get it to work for a few hours then see the warning im not sure!
does it come on with specific channels? premium channels perhaps? does it come on at all when viewing FTA channels?

spartans
24-10-16, 10:08
im far from an expert on the subject but HDCP is a fairly new form of copy protection, if you plug something that outputs an HDCP signal into something that doesnt support it then you will get the message you are seeing. quite why you can get it to work for a few hours then see the warning im not sure!
does it come on with specific channels? premium channels perhaps? does it come on at all when viewing FTA channels?

The banner comes on as soon as the sky box initialises even with FTA channels

Ashley69
24-10-16, 11:17
Is this anything to do with Spec of HDMI Cable? Doesn't 4K need a 2.0 or higher cable?

TK4|2|1
24-10-16, 15:33
I used to get this s lot when using a Thomson HD box on my LG plasma, so much so I bought a component to HDMI converter and used it that way without issues. Anyway, 1 day the psu gave in, as they always did on Thomson boxes, but once I'd replaced the capacitors in the psu the problem went away.

aido
24-10-16, 20:04
Sometimes the cheap HDMI switches can help with this sort of error as they'll broker HDCP at the switch end and then strip it from the output.

Had to use one to get a Blu-ray working on the in-laws TV which didn't support HDCP at all

spartans
25-10-16, 07:39
Watched the TV using analogue cable but selected HDMI late last night and it is now working fine but I have not done anything to try and rectify the fault ??? so just hope it works. I did try a scart to hdmi converter but it was terrible audio sync and colour bleed was like early VHS ( box cost £50 ).

aido
25-10-16, 09:23
This was the one I used for the father-in-law's TV:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006KZBC92/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're down to £10.99 now - basically the Sky output goes into that box and then you connect the box to the TV and fingers crossed no more HDCP errors :)

romdut
26-10-16, 19:03
Just done a software update on my drx389 sky +hd and still get the same message

Is it possibly that there no longer wanted people using them to not use them for FTA tv?

I still get the same message after the update which did work btw

DaMacFunkin
26-10-16, 21:16
Whilst the tv is on try unplugging it and leaving it off for about 5 minutes, and I mean actually unplug it from the wall whilst it is switched on, don't power it down first, this will soft reset some of the internal devices on the tv and force a re hand shake of the connected HDMI device.