PDA

View Full Version : Mount set ups ?? (Help)

Dab100
23-10-16, 09:06
Hi guys, I'm still a newbie to all this so I'm apologising in advance for any stupid questions to follow.
Quick explanation as to what I'm trying to achieve as follows.....

I have 2 Xtrend 8000 box's all set up and working with latest vix image loaded etc and both connected via Ethernet to router...
What I am trying to do, is get access from one box to the other to be able to watch recorded programmes on the HDD..
I have created the mounts using the network mount manger on both box's and set up NFS driver, but not sure if this is the correct procedure at all..:confused:

Any help on this would be much appreciated...thanks :)

tappari
23-10-16, 09:18
Hi guys, I'm still a newbie to all this so I'm apologising in advance for any stupid questions to follow.

I have 2 Xtrend 8000 box's all set up and working with latest vix image loaded etc and both connected via Ethernet to router...
What I am trying to do, is get access from one box to the other to be able to watch recorded programmes on the HDD..
I have created the mounts using the network mount manger on both box's and set up NFS driver, but not sure if this is the correct procedure at all..:confused:

That is right procedure, but what you share from the box with nfs depends of what you have in /etc/exports file.

Dab100
23-10-16, 09:25
Hi, thanks for reply,
Do you mean that I have to save recordings to a different file on the box??
ie not save them to the media/hdd but create a new folder for export files...sorry I'm a bit lost on this...

tappari
23-10-16, 10:17
Hi, thanks for reply,
ie not save them to the media/hdd but create a new folder for export files...sorry I'm a bit lost on this...
I only like to share /hdd/movie directory, and that`s why I have this line in /etc/exports file: /media/hdd/movie/ 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squas h)

john doe
23-10-16, 10:48
Hi, thanks for reply,

you can view your recoding from one box to another, direct from the movie folder on HDD

go to nfs setup, one the main box and maje sure that is active (green) and then do same on the other box. and restart both boxes. then go into mount setup, network browser and search (only do this on the box you want to view recording from. it will now seach your network, once your main box ip address pops up, click on it. go the the second box HDD and mount it, it will ask you for user/pass word, ignore this and mount it. once done and from the second box click on button to access recording. press yellow button, go to HDD of first box (where recoding are), scroll to movies and click it.

this works a treat for me

goosegog
23-10-16, 10:52

hi dab,in network/mounts setup/mount manager/mount points manager can you see the other receiver ticked51047

Dab100
23-10-16, 12:07
Hi goosegog,
This is what I can see on both boxes5104851049
Yes they are ticked, but when I try to access it does nothing?
Am I just being dumb here:confused:
Thanks

ccs
23-10-16, 12:11
I found that starting again from scratch helps when nothing obvious is wrong.
Delete all the mounts you've setup, reboot, and try again.

Dab100
23-10-16, 12:37
Thanks for replies guys, will try deleting and start again..I think I'm nearly there just missing something obvious :confused: cheers Dave

Ashley69
23-10-16, 13:03
When you go to your recordings/locations. Do you see it there?

DaMacFunkin
23-10-16, 16:57
The recordings folder on one box doesn't automatically have a link to the other mounted box, you need to go into locations and access from that path or change to file browser and browse to the mounted drives movie file, then add a bookmark.

goosegog
23-10-16, 18:30
Probably good advice to start again,not sure what the media folder you have in mounts,i share between a duo and a solo.in duo mounts it has solo and in solo mounts it has duo.after having loads of issues of loosing the mounts last few months have been flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goosegog
23-10-16, 18:33
When you go to your recordings/locations. Do you see it there?

This is a good point too,it caught me out first time not pressing yellow in media file to change location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk