PDA

View Full Version : pixelating problem

scouse645
21-10-16, 20:49
I have a mutant 2400 with 3 sat tuners, using the latest vix image, i have been trying to work out why i get a pixelating picture every day, this occurs even on fta channels, i must admit i record virtually everything, keep that in mind, i use a 1tb external HDD, after going through everything including my amp, hdmi cables, etc etc, i now think i get this problem every time the box does something, for instance starts a recording or ends one, auto bouquets, or epg download etc, this happens when watching live tv or a recording, took me a while to suss it out, but is there a solution? hope i have explained that ok? just to add i have a miraclebox for cable and don't have this problem. happened just now when watching gold+1 a recording started and it interfered with the picture.

Andy_Hazza
21-10-16, 23:38
Why external and not internal HDD? What cam are you using. Also can you post your tuner configs for each tuner please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scouse645
21-10-16, 23:46
Thanks, it was just when i bought the box i had the external HDD so just used that, tuner a is usals for motorised, tuner b and c are single 28.2, i use mgcamd.

scouse645
22-10-16, 11:28
Anyone any thoughts on this problem? not had it before.

Andy_Hazza
22-10-16, 11:38
Anyone any thoughts on this problem? not had it before.

Do you use Motor more than Fixed 28.2. I would personally have fixed 28.2 on Tuner A and Tuner B and have your Motorised on Tuner C.

scouse645
22-10-16, 11:45
i do use motor a lot, especially at weekends, i will try the motor on tuner c though.

scouse645
22-10-16, 11:48
The trouble is this is putting me off the mutant box, other than this problem it's a cracking box.

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 12:00
Don't be quick in reaching conclusions.

the factors are:
receiver circuit board
all the tuner modules
cabling
connections
lnb
lnb ports

you have to pinpoint what the issue is. some sky quad lnbs struggle when used by more than one tuner.

Andy_Hazza
22-10-16, 12:02
Don't be put off by the Mut@nt HD2400. It's a fantastic receiver and one of my faves. We just need to tweak your setup thats all so don't give up to easily. [emoji4]

scouse645
22-10-16, 12:10
only had the box just over a year, my lnb on the sky dish is one i put on ages ago, it's a twin lmb, maybe something has gone wrong internally as i don't recall this when i got the box, it's only recently happened, not sure how long the warranty is from the sponsors? i have been through everything i can think of, even tried a different image but still the same.

scouse645
22-10-16, 12:27
Just thought of something, i added the third tuner in april this year, i'm going to isolate that tuner and see what happens, does that make sense?

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 12:36
You have to be systematic in your tests. Changing only one thing at a time. Stick some labels on the tuners so you know which is which. If the signal wires are the same colour, label them too.

scouse645
22-10-16, 12:59
will do, tried a timer rec while watching live after isolating the third tuner and no interference, i will leave it like that all weekend.

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 13:13
will do, tried a timer rec while watching live after isolating the third tuner and no interference, i will leave it like that all weekend.
If you are deducing that the third tuner is suspect, why not disable the other tuners and test using just that one instead of waiting all weekend?

scouse645
22-10-16, 13:22
I was just going to say that:) i will give that a try and report back, thanks all for advice.

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 13:27
If the third tuner is playing up, it will do so whichever wire is connected to it. So test all three wires. Your test must be the same channels.

scouse645
27-10-16, 11:59
further to my problem, i have been using a new gigablue quad for the past few days, have the same problem, so that rules out the box i think, my next thought was maybe it's the tv, but i have a cable box which has no such problems, i had a problem some years ago were the electrics in the house were causing a similar thing on the tv, cured that with one of those extensions you can get, one example is if you are watching a recording of a fta channel and press blue button twice for p in p, when you come out of that it freezes the picture or the picture is pixelated, need to sort this as it's doing me ed in:confused: