PDA

View Full Version : tuner lock help

john doe
21-10-16, 17:32
I've recently bought a os mini single sat tuner for a spare room. in another room I have two feeds going into living room & two upstairs (4 feeds from LNB). in the upstairs room with the 2 feeds. i have taken one cable and taken over to the spare room, I had to buy a RG6 Satellite cable extension to reach (came already fitted with the F connecter and joining barrel).

the issue I get on the os mini is tuner lock, aslo on the other box upstairs (vu zero) if the os mini is switched on, the channels break up (plays for second and goes to black screen with no picture). if I switch the os mini off the other box (vu zero) works fine. but no picture on the OS mini.

I know it not a single issues. am missing something. do I need to swop the cables around? I hope not, as I 've pinned the cable to wall.

twol
21-10-16, 17:44
1. what happens if you connect to the Vu out?

john doe
21-10-16, 17:53
1. what happens if you go from the Vu out direct to the Edision? Bypassing the extender?

same issue tuner failed.

john doe
21-10-16, 18:09
same issue tuner failed.

I've just noticed that the os mini tuner A is showing in red

john doe
21-10-16, 19:52
also the zero is now working all channel, even if the os mini is on, but still no picture on the os

john doe
22-10-16, 12:12
anyone!! any suggestions

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 12:40
Draw a diagram. Include any splitters/combiners

the issue I get on the os mini is tuner lock, aslo on the other box upstairs (vu zero) if the os mini is switched on, the channels break up (plays for second and goes to black screen with no picture). if I switch the os mini off the other box (vu zero) works fine. but no picture on the OS mini.

How are you expecting a picture if the receiver is powered off?

john doe
22-10-16, 13:03
the receiver is powered on but no picture.

can you elaborate in regards to draw diagram

abu baniaz
22-10-16, 13:10
Please ignore my post.

john doe
22-10-16, 13:21
would I need a splitter? and if so what splitter.

john doe
22-10-16, 14:42
SORTED IT I had to change the feeds around from the zero to the os mini and vise vera.

Joe_90
22-10-16, 15:29
You can't simply split a cable feed from an LNB and share it between two receivers. If you have both powered on they will conflict for control of the LNB depending on what channel you tune to. There are different voltages and signalling tomes sent up the cable to the LNB depending on whether you are tuned to a Vertically or Horizontally polarised transponder.

You need either more cable runs from the LNB (an octo rather than a quad) or you need to invest in a quattro LNB and a multiswitch.

john doe
22-10-16, 15:46
You can't simply split a cable feed from an LNB and share it between two receivers. If you have both powered on they will conflict for control of the LNB depending on what channel you tune to. There are different voltages and signalling tomes sent up the cable to the LNB depending on whether you are tuned to a Vertically or Horizontally polarised transponder.

You need either more cable runs from the LNB (an octo rather than a quad) or you need to invest in a quattro LNB and a multiswitch.

thanks. it works fine and can watch different channels at same time and two different receivers with no issues. it was basically down to swopping the feeds around