PDA

View Full Version : New user - Hard drive help

mbamrah
21-10-16, 13:55
Hi

I have just become a proud user of a Vu+ Duo2, which I purchased from this site. I bought it without a hdd as I want to add my own. So would be most grateful for help with the following. I am planning to add a WD Green 3TB 3.5 drive.

Do I need to format the drive before installing and if so what format type. The hdd already has some files on it which I will need to copy to another drive before doing so. The drive is coming from a windows PC and only contains video files.

Will the box 'see' the whole 3TB drive or do I need to install a plug-in / or partition it for it to do so.

If I need to wipe the drive and then use the box's format facility, what's the best way of copying my files back over.

Any help / guidance much appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
21-10-16, 15:28
Hi. No you can just stick the HDD in and when you fire the box up go to Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices. Highlight your HDD, press ok and then the red button to Initialise. (Initialise is the formatting of the HDD). When that is completed go Blue Button > ViX > Mount Manager. Your HDD should be listed and highlighted then press the Green Button to Setup Mount. This will ask for your receiver to be rebooted, say Yes and that's it, your have a nicely formatted HDD ready for you to record n timeshift etc. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbamrah
21-10-16, 23:49