PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Bug when timeshift is paused on program and resumed on the following program

jjuk
21-10-16, 12:28
VU+ Solo 2 Twin S2 / SkyUK 28.2E / OpenViX / 320GB HDD / 16GB USB
HDD recording, USB EPG
ViX dark skin (the one installed by default)

Timeshift set to start auto-record after 2 secs.

---

I think there is an issue with the timeshift; here is what happened to me.

Info bar set to show always, no timeout in GUI settings.

Paused a program at about 11:55pm. The program ended at 12am (midnight) and it was still paused.

At about 12:10am, i pressed play, but did not dismiss the info bar.

The program played, and then went on the play the next program.

The info bar still displayed the prev program name. (i think this is a bug).

When rewinding, i could only rewind to the start of the 2nd program (i think this is a bug).
I could not get back to the 1st program.

When i pressed stop, the picture juddered and it appeared to still be timeshifting. (i think this is a bug).

I could not get back to live TV by pressing stop (i think this is a bug).

The info bar still displayed the prev program name, even when stop was pressed and when timeshifting the 2nd program. (i think this is a bug).

When rewinding, the picture seemed to flash between 2 frames repeatedly until it reached the start of the program. (i think this is a bug).

FF worked as expected.

Andy_Hazza
21-10-16, 12:36
Can I ask why you have EPG on a usb stick. Don't complicate things n have the EPG stored to your HDD also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjuk
21-10-16, 12:42
Can I ask why you have EPG on a usb stick. Don't complicate things n have the EPG stored to your HDD also.

OK, i'll change that. I mis-read the manual, its the PICONS that I should use the USB for, not the EPG. Rookie learner mistake, sorry :rolleyes:

Andy_Hazza
21-10-16, 12:53
Yeah Picons best either on usb or if your had plenty of flash space stick em on there. As you are using a Vu+ Solo2 I would stick the Picons on the usb stick. [emoji1360]
As for the Timeshift issue I will check this out later. [emoji4]

birdman
21-10-16, 13:10
Can I ask why you have EPG on a usb stick.May I ask why it makes any difference?
The file is only read once at start-up. Mine (which is also on USB) only gets to ~3MB, so I can't see that any read speed difference is going to make much difference, and none at all once the box is fully up.

Andy_Hazza
21-10-16, 13:23
Saves messing thats all. I have always put mine to the HDD and my Picons go on my flash/root of the receiver. Obviously depends what receiver you have, but if you have an internal HDD I always advise to put the EPG to that.

jjuk
22-10-16, 08:49
Here is how to reporduce the "cant get back to live TV" issue:

When watching live TV, press rewind 2 times.
The screen flashes a few times for a second or two as it enters timeshift (should this be instant like on the sky boxes?), then starts to rewind.
Press stop.
The picture judders and flashes for a few seconds.
The box indicates it is still timeshifting, pressing stop repeats the flashing/flickering of the screen.

The only way to get back to live tv now is to either FF (it exits live tv automaticly) or pause then stop button also exits live tv.

Andy_Hazza
22-10-16, 11:29
On rewind you wouldn't press Stop, you would press the Play button or OK button to be in Timeshift mode. To Exit Timeshift mode you would press Stop. Seems fine for me on my Vu+ Solo 4K.

jjuk
24-10-16, 10:32
At any time in time-shift, I would expect STOP to exit time-shifting and return to live TV. For me, it judders and doesn't exit as described above.

What can I do to help this be reproducible so it can be fixed?

Andy_Hazza
24-10-16, 12:04
Your instructions wasn't clear or are not clear. When I rewind going into Timeshift mode I press the Play button to resume as this is normal procedure. Then when you have finished with the Timeshift mode you would press the Stop button.
Like I've said on my Vu+ Solo 4K receivers works as expected and also tried my Mut@nt HD2400 and this also works as expected.

jjuk
24-10-16, 14:48
What happens when you press the stop button during rewind?

nsw9154
24-10-16, 15:05
i notice that you have Time Shift to start after 2 seconds change it to 10 seconds and see if that improves things as 2 seconds is not enough time for it to work at it's best

Andy_Hazza
24-10-16, 16:15
Why would I want to press Stop when I rewind? Doesn't make sense. You need to press Play when you rewind to Play. You press Stop to come out of Timeshift mode. Explain why you would press Stop when rewinding in Timeshift mode, and don't say cos with a Sky receiver you would.

birdman
24-10-16, 18:35
Why would I want to press Stop when I rewind? Doesn't make sense. You need to press Play when you rewind to Play. You press Stop to come out of Timeshift modei.e. the same as when watching a recording (which is what timeshift is - sort of).

Andy_Hazza
24-10-16, 18:38
Nope. If you rewind to enter Timeshift mode you do not press Stop to play you simply press Play (or the Ok button may work also) but most certainly don't press the Stop button. My methods work so I can't see this as a bug but simply a user error.

abu baniaz
24-10-16, 18:39
only difference is timeshift is recording and playback at same time. having said that, you can play back a recording while it is still recording.

kodivdm
26-10-16, 18:28
VU+ Solo 2 Twin S2 / Astra1 / Astra 2/ Astra3 / Hotbird / OpenViX 4.2.010 / 1000GB HDD / 32GB USB
HDD recording, USB EPG
Magic-HD-Night skin

Timeshift set to start auto-record after 5 secs.

Have the same issue, cannot rewind to an event prior to the current event. It just rewinds to the beginning of the current event. I can save the previous event(s) using the record button, select event, and it get's saved. But can't rewind to it from live tv. Also the < and > buttons fail to skip to the previous events. When I press forward, or stop to go back to the live tv, it seems timeshift is just behind 1 sec, and keeps skipping. I have to change a channel to get the message timeshift is ruining, and either save or delete the timeshift. and then I delete it, and go back to the previous channel.

So not a big problem, but annoying if you want to rewind to see just the end of a show you had missed, and then can't because a new event has already started.