PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] IPTV player missing from plugins

Bazzo
20-10-16, 19:26
was using version 3 for ages without issue, Loved the IPTV player plugin but support stopped on the server for plugins..

Upgraded today to latest version, No iptv player plugin... is this coming?... or gone for good?

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 19:30
Google is your best friend. Just search for the ipk and ftp n install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangord30
20-10-16, 19:30
If you search user '1554leslie' he posted a link.

judge
20-10-16, 21:09
Easiest way to install the most current version:
Telent into the box & issue:

wget http://iptvplayer.pl/iptvinstaller.sh -O - | /bin/sh

vuk2015gr
03-11-16, 15:31
i totally agree with you..why the team does not understand this thing!!!!!! IPTV plugins was the best,there are so many other need to get removed as never used those,,,!!,,is so hard to understand that the IPTV PLUGINS IS SO IMPORTANT??,,..can anybody explain this please...!!

gibbletts
03-11-16, 17:49
Not important to me

Andy_Hazza
03-11-16, 18:31
i totally agree with you..why the team does not understand this thing!!!!!! IPTV plugins was the best,there are so many other need to get removed as never used those,,,!!,,is so hard to understand that the IPTV PLUGINS IS SO IMPORTANT??,,..can anybody explain this please...!!

Post #4 tells you how to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
03-11-16, 20:04
As said it's easy enough to install via Telnet or FTP but the question is a valid one. It was removed from plugins due to a issue that was resolved very quickly by the author but it has not been added back or a reason given as to why not.

mtomary
03-11-16, 22:03
I thought IPTV was included in latest version, but as I am a novice at this stuff could someone explain to me in laymans terms how to load this to my box.

birdman
03-11-16, 23:27
I thought IPTV was included in latest version...No.
Only iptvbouquet, pravoslavietv and streamtv.

Rob van der Does
04-11-16, 11:21
It was removed from plugins due to a issue that was resolved very quickly by the author but it has not been added back or a reason given as to why not.
Can you point me to some more information about that?

Willmoore
04-11-16, 12:33
Can you point me to some more information about that?
Can't remember if i read it on this site or another one. Samsam (author) had to do 'something' to get it working again with Vix/E2 and he reported back on the thread a couple of days later that all was now good - I'll try and find it.

wallnut
04-11-16, 13:15
Are you refering to this thread?
In particular posts #7 & #11

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49920-Does-anyone-know-where-the-IPTV-add-on-Openvix-has-gone-to-please

dsayers
04-11-16, 13:18
log when it was removed http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51241-OpenViX-4-1-Release-thread

IPTV player uses a different OpenSSL to one in OE-A images.

post 37 saying it was supposed to be on feeds http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51289-Iptv-player-plugin/page3&highlight=iptv+player

Rob van der Does
04-11-16, 22:41
Yes, please do explain.
And I hope you've also seen we have Exodus & KodiDirect on our feeds?

birdman
04-11-16, 23:03
As said it's easy enough to install via Telnet or FTP but the question is a valid one. It was removed from plugins due to a issue that was resolved very quickly by the author but it has not been added back or a reason given as to why not.I can't see where it would use "a different version of OpenSSL", given that everything seems to be written in python, except for two helper programs which only use libc.
And if it's actually installable and working then there is clearly no problem.

Rob van der Does
05-11-16, 05:31
I can't see where it would use "a different version of OpenSSL", given that everything seems to be written in python, except for two helper programs which only use libc.
That was the situation at the time.

And if it's actually installable and working then there is clearly no problem.
That seems to be the actual situation.

Rob van der Does
05-11-16, 17:01
I've created an IPK for IPTV-player and uploaded it to our 3rd-party feeds, so it will be on the feeds after next image build.

roy0110
05-11-16, 18:17
I've created an IPK for IPTV-player and uploaded it to our 3rd-party feeds, so it will be on the feeds after next image build.

well done Willmoore!

Willmoore
05-11-16, 19:06
well done Willmoore!

I think you mean well done Rob VdD

Rob van der Does
05-11-16, 19:09
Here's the IPK: 51262

roy0110
05-11-16, 19:32
I think you mean well done Rob VdD

i mean for bringing this up....
[QUOTE]It was removed from plugins due to a issue that was resolved very quickly by the author but it has not been added back or a reason given as to why not./QUOTE]

i remember when that occurred and the fact that the author said it was fixed but it still didn't get back on the feeds.
i found the ipk elsewhere so haven't missed out.

Rob van der Does
06-11-16, 04:41
.....It was removed from plugins due to a issue that was resolved very quickly by the author but it has not been added back or a reason given as to why not......
I'm sure the reason must have been very simple: I must have overlooked or forgotten that.