PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] image freezes when changing channel from sat to cable tuner

aldo2332
20-10-16, 14:26
Recently set up a USB tuner vu turbo all working fine when watching cable channels the problem is whenn i change channel to a satellite channel all is fine with that but then returning back to a cable channel the image freezes and the spinning VIX symbol in the corner. I have left this for an hour to see if it was delaying but still the same. I have to turn the box off on the main and back on which all is back to normal. This always happen when switching from sat tuner to cable tuner. I am unable to get a crash log as one hasnt been created. Can anyone hep with why this is happening? Thanks

using openvix image
model: vu+ duo
build: 4.2.008
last update: 7/10/16
drivers: 24/11/15

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 15:29
What cam would you be using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aldo2332
20-10-16, 17:00
newcamd and cccam both running nothing else is added into the files.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 17:48
What version of Cccam? I think you need 2.3.0.

aldo2332
20-10-16, 18:06
yes thats the cam im using.
and mgcamd is 1.38

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 18:38
No need for using 2 softcams. IMO I would just stick to Mgcamd 1.38.

aldo2332
20-10-16, 19:00
but wont i need the cccam for my satellite?

Bangord30
20-10-16, 19:13
How you running 2 cams at once??

aldo2332
20-10-16, 19:16
just ticked both of them. Ive always run cccam with my sat tuner but added cable tuner so read i needed to add mgcamd for that.

john doe
20-10-16, 19:19
very odd, as if I tried ticking two softcams it wont let me, says you cant run two cams. just use one cam

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 19:31
Mgcamd is fine for both.

Bangord30
20-10-16, 19:32
very odd, as if I tried ticking two softcams it wont let me, says you cant run two cams. just use one cam
Exactly. Didn't think it was possible?!

judge
20-10-16, 21:10
If you have timeshift enabled, increase the time before it kicks in.

recyclebin
03-12-16, 22:34
I have the same problem on my Vu+ Duo. I use the tuner for free to air terrestrial in Ireland (Saorview)

I thought it was my cheap tuner, but have the same problem with the Vu Turbo tuner and also with hauppauge one.

I have had the exact same issues with all versions of VIX that I have tried over the last couple of years.

Joe_90
03-12-16, 23:28
@recyclebin - the previous posts are due to issues with cams for encrypted channels on satellite and cable. If you are using a terrestrial tuner it's probably a different issue. I would suggest you start a new thread with details of your configuration and we can start from there.

degoosefish
04-12-16, 00:03
I also got a Turbo tuner from WOS and suffered same issue with "hang" when switching - my solution was to check that the device worked properly first and this was done simply by turning off the Cams and switching between cable tuner FTA channels and Satellite FTA channels all worked fine, so I knew the device and the image were fine. The "hang" i found is only created when using a certain CAM but using MGCAMD 138 the "hang" was not an issue you can switch back and forth as you please.

judge
04-12-16, 03:03
I have the same problem on my Vu+ Duo. I use the tuner for free to air terrestrial in Ireland (Saorview)

I thought it was my cheap tuner, but have the same problem with the Vu Turbo tuner and also with hauppauge one.

I have had the exact same issues with all versions of VIX that I have tried over the last couple of years.

Using a few hauppauge USB tuners here on various boxes for Saorview without any issues.
Signal does take slightly longer than embedded tuners. If time shift kicks in & the tuner doesn't have a lock, issues happen.
Better to increase time shift settings to 10+ seconds for now.

recyclebin
11-12-16, 23:58
Looks like the issue is with the vu+ duo, vix image and cccam. When i turned off cccam the issue stopped.

The strange thing is I have never had any problems on my solo2 with the exact same setup.

I don't use timeshift on either box.

garlad
26-09-17, 10:56
Would the issue go away if you used an internal cable tuner, beside a sat tuner?