PDA

View Full Version : random recording

borncrazy
19-10-16, 20:24
Hi, newbie so please be gentle, 8500, has decided to record programmes that i havent set it too, reflashed with latest vix image (Numerous times). Even changed hard drive. i did that as its latest stunt apart from recording "Celebrity Bakeoff", (which I would rather rip my eys out than watch)is to only record half a show,or record it twice, same show,same time. Or claimed to record something, but when I press play the box crashes and reboots. I have uploaded the logs, but as I said ,I am a bit thick, so any help would be appreciated, now its decided to record "Robson Greens Extreme Fishing", HELP!!!! please

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 20:31
Are your ports open on your router?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borncrazy
19-10-16, 23:50
Sit down and have a frank discussion with your box about its taste (or lack of) when it comes to TV programmes :D

Feel like "Doing a Basil" on it, i have numerous tree branches available nearby!

borncrazy
19-10-16, 23:51
Sorry, as i admitted, one is rather dim, could you clarify your suggestion please?

birdman
20-10-16, 01:49
Hi, newbie so please be gentle, 8500, has decided to record programmes that i havent set it too,......or, possibly, haven't knowingly set it to.

Have you set any recordings at all - ever?
Have you set any Autotimers?
Do these phantom recordings have any pattern to them - such as always occurring on the same channel, at the same time, ???
There was a case many months back of someone else having phantom recordings. They'd set up a recording for a program and marked it to repeat - which it did - same time and channel every day....

Flyingpig
24-10-16, 22:48
Now it is worth checking autotimers becuase this drove me near crazy a few months ago.

Check that none have been set. Dont get this confused with normal timers on teh green button. You have to press Menu>Timers>AUto Timers - --- then check if there are any set.

James.

john doe
25-10-16, 08:20
i had a similar issue a while back. I had to go into box, using ftp and into autotimers and timers files and edit files and put back in.