PDA

View Full Version : kodi

Noste500
19-10-16, 15:02
Can anybody tell me if VU+ Zero will run kodi the same as the duo 2 .
I am needing a new box and want it to run kodi as well as main box.
cheers in advance.

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 16:58
Can anybody tell me if VU+ Zero will run kodi the same as the duo 2 .
I am needing a new box and want it to run kodi as well as main box.
cheers in advance.

No the Vu+ Zero isn't compatible with the vuplus-kodi plugin. You could look at the Vu+ Solo SE v2. Look here for info >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/vu-plus/VU-Plus-Solo-SE-V2-2x-DVB-S2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noste500
19-10-16, 20:07
Thanks . That solo se v2 maybe a bit too much £££ for a second box , but I like the idea of having kodi on it ...

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 20:24
I'm with Avalon on this. Kodi isn't the best user experience in comparison to the AFTV 4K or you could also look at this >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/media-players-and-streaming/Android-MultiMedia-Players/venztech/venz-tech-v10-pro-android-6-kodi-media-player-streamer-4k-uhd-hdr-vp9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noste500
20-10-16, 08:11
I already run a aftvstick with kodi , but just thought if kodi is ok on the vu then it simplifies my set up ...

If it's not great then I may just buy an alternative box as a second box ..

Doesn't have to be twin tuner , but sometimes it worth having the extra tuner as backup in case main box plays up ..? Thoughts ?

DaMacFunkin
20-10-16, 09:15
Depends what you want from kodi,
if you occasionally want to watch your home media files with a nice interface VU+ box is fine.
if you just want to install a build and watch some streams and you also have a amazon prime account, go for the AFTV2.
If you are serious about home cinema and want to watch 2160p 10 bit 24hz files with Atmos/DTS-X audio go for a HTCP with a GTX 1060 (just bought a 1060 myself, v. nice)

Noste500
20-10-16, 09:53
I don't have prime , I just watch the odd film on kodi .
My main box is a vu duo 2 so I am going to update ( on 3.2 at mo ) and try kodi on that ..