PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Zero length recordings

no1baggiesfan
19-10-16, 12:59
Had this problem randomly in 4.1 (any channel, FTA and subscribed and channel is watchable)
Flashed box last night to newest firmware and now its happening again in 4.2

Set my box to auto time a recording and it says its started, but the recording is 0.00 and obviously unwatchable

I can press the record button and record something and it will be fine (watchable and length is shown properly) but all timed recordings are zero length :(

----------------
TM TWIN OE
openvix 4.2 009
Blue HD skin
----------------
oscam
Kodi 3
EPG refresh
----------------
TIA

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 09:58
I am putting this problem down to a very bad image, I have tried numerous times to record something and nothing works

I was watching the channel to be recorded, as soon as the recording started I received the error message "tune failed" that is impossible, I was watching the channel perfectly BEFORE the recording started.

4.2 is not an update, its worse than 4.1 was, going back to 3, failing that, going to use PLi.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 14:18
I am putting this problem down to a very bad image, I have tried numerous times to record something and nothing works

I was watching the channel to be recorded, as soon as the recording started I received the error message "tune failed" that is impossible, I was watching the channel perfectly BEFORE the recording started.

4.2 is not an update, its worse than 4.1 was, going back to 3, failing that, going to use PLi.

I have a friend who is on 4.2 on his Twin-OE and not reported any issues, but then again I did set it up for him. Try a fresh install AND NO RESTORES, so a clean install and don't install any skins or other plugins, just test as a FTA receiver before reinstalling your plugins one by one, in between installing your plugins test again. Maybe a setup error somewhere along the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman
20-10-16, 14:44
I was watching the channel to be recorded, as soon as the recording started I received the error message "tune failed" that is impossible, I was watching the channel perfectly BEFORE the recording started.Not that I know much about such things (I don't have a CAM), but to me that sounds as though you are trying unscramble things twice (once to view, once to record) and your set-up can only handle doing one at a time. So this could be as oscam issue, rather than an image one.

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 15:35
I have a friend who is on 4.2 on his Twin-OE and not reported any issues, but then again I did set it up for him. Try a fresh install AND NO RESTORES, so a clean install and don't install any skins or other plugins, just test as a FTA receiver before reinstalling your plugins one by one, in between installing your plugins test again. Maybe a setup error somewhere along the way?

This is a fresh install of 4.2, you cannot restore settings from a lower image.

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 15:36
Not that I know much about such things (I don't have a CAM), but to me that sounds as though you are trying unscramble things twice (once to view, once to record) and your set-up can only handle doing one at a time. So this could be as oscam issue, rather than an image one.

Channel is an FTA so cam issue is definitely not the problem, using same cam and settings for over two years and it has never been an issue before.

ccs
20-10-16, 15:43
This is a fresh install of 4.2, you cannot restore settings from a lower image.

and the rest of the sentence said....

....... so a clean install and don't install any skins or other plugins, just test as a FTA receiver before reinstalling your plugins one by one, in between installing your plugins test again. Maybe a setup error somewhere along the way?

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 15:48
and the rest of the sentence said....

And my OP said:

Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO. Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO. No

EPG plugin was already installed with image

kodi has been removed

Same issue.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 16:02
I know peeps have had issues with Cccam, but if its on FTA channels I dunno. Probably best if you enable logs and see if anything shows up in that. What is your Tuner Config setup?

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 20:41
I know peeps have had issues with Cccam, but if its on FTA channels I dunno. Probably best if you enable logs and see if anything shows up in that. What is your Tuner Config setup?

Tuner setup :

tuner 1 fixed dish on 28.2
tuner 2 motorized 1m dish

using standard image settings for recordings.

have no issues with oscam or cccam, or anything else tbh lol, just cant record anything :(

wifey not happy.

gonna have to try rolling back image by image until I get one that works

ccs
20-10-16, 20:52
In menu/timers/timers, select a finished(failed) timer and press info

It might tell you what went wrong.

no1baggiesfan
20-10-16, 21:08
In menu/timers/timers, select a finished(failed) timer and press info

It might tell you what went wrong.

Just tells you normal info, program name, time etc, no info on why it failed

judge
20-10-16, 21:14

Something wrong with your set-up so. Did you change any preferred tuner settings in the Customise screen?

twol
20-10-16, 21:23
So you were watching on tuner 1 (fixed)? and then you started recording on tuner 1 or tuner 2(motorised)?
... and then you received tuner failed from ?
Just wondering if a switch to the motorised tuner is somehow causing an issue?

no1baggiesfan
21-10-16, 10:06
Something wrong with your set-up so. Did you change any preferred tuner settings in the Customise screen?

So you were watching on tuner 1 (fixed)? and then you started recording on tuner 1 or tuner 2(motorised)?

Using stock image settings

Channels are fine on both dishes anyway, so it shouldnt cause an issue.

Tried changing preffered tuner to A (fixed)

same issue.

My setup has not changed in over 3 years, never had this problem with earlier images, hence why I think there is some issue with it, maybe driver ?? some googling around brought up a driver issue with a previous image and the blank recording issue I now have.

no1baggiesfan
21-10-16, 19:58
LOL, downgraded to 4.0.003 now plugins are not available, hey ho.

test recording commencing shortly, might end up back down on 3.2 :(

no1baggiesfan
22-10-16, 11:44
Update

tried all v4 images
4.2 009
4.1 016
4.0 003

NONE work with timed recordings
ALL were clean flashed with no restores and no plugins and all used stock image settings

Flashed 3.2 037 last night and bingo, we now have timed recordings working again

There IS a definate issue with all V4 images on the TM TWIN

And now for some reason I can no longer access the plugins menu on 3.2 they are not available, why is this ??? are they disabled for lower image installs ?

no1baggiesfan
22-10-16, 15:26

I have set preferred tuner to A and recording tuner to A
As I have had issues with my motor, this setup is working fine in 3.2
Tried stock settings and my settings in all other images and none worked, I still think this is a v4 issue, just need to discover the "why" is something different? Is something missing?
3.2 is neutered lol, can't access plugins, can't install/use samba, swapfile refuses to start
Grrrrrrrrrr

no1baggiesfan
24-10-16, 20:30
tried 3 recordings on firmware 3.2 all three worked, but I cannot access plugins, samba does not work

OK, tried another 4.2 flash, NO RESTORE, NO PLUGINS, NO old settings

set timer to record a program (FTA) its says "recording has started", check timer info, info says "completed" 38mins of program recorded, go into media to watch program, 0.00 mins of program, there is something seriously wrong with this image, my box records perfectly on an older image, but I cannot access plugins, I update my box and I cannot record anything, come on VIX sort this out.

abu baniaz
24-10-16, 20:45
1. Are you on latest bootloader?
2. Does the problem exist if you use another softcam?
3. Does the problem exist on OpenTV 5.3?

Can you give a test script so someone can recreate your issues.

no1baggiesfan
24-10-16, 20:51
1. Are you on latest bootloader?
2. Does the problem exist if you use another softcam?
3. Does the problem exist on OpenTV 5.3?

Can you give a test script so someone can recreate your issues.

1. yes
2. channel is FTA, but same config/cam works on 3.2
3. havent tried that image, yet.

script ?

ccs
24-10-16, 21:59
You appear to have had a similar problem about a year ago, when recordings (only recordings) started failing after about 20 minutes...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49525-Glitchy-recordings-FTA-SD-channels&p=386065&viewfull=1#post386065

Was it ever resolved, as there's nothing in the thread?

no1baggiesfan
24-10-16, 22:29
You appear to have had a similar problem about a year ago, when recordings (only recordings) started failing after about 20 minutes...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49525-Glitchy-recordings-FTA-SD-channels&p=386065&viewfull=1#post386065

Was it ever resolved, as there's nothing in the thread?

Yes it was ccs, I replaced the HDD and bought a new upgraded PSU board, as the old one had overheated and burnt out, sorry, completely forgot about that thread lol, it is now updated ;) ty

no1baggiesfan
17-02-17, 19:51
well, another update.

Still getting zero length recordings, flashed box, re-flashed box, upgraded flash, flashed, re-flashed, flashed with no backup, flashed with backup, DL epg data, scanned sat, scanned for autobouquets, nothing makes any difference.
Channel is FTA so it is not a cam/card issue.
I can start a recording and it works perfectly.

But timed recordings WILL not work.

:(

obtutus
18-02-17, 13:27
Just so you know you're not alone I have the same issue on my MiracleBox Premium Twin+ Plus with version 030. Fresh install.
Couldn't use 027, 028 or 029 as tuning didn't work (see other thread).
Was very happy that 030 fixed that issue but now cannot record anything.
Also got this using OpenATV which is why I came back to try 030. If it's on both systems is that a kernel problem?
Back using 4.1.016 which seems pretty stable and it has never missed a recording, shame about no plugins though.
It must be a nightmare trying to keep this software working on so many different versions of hardware. Perhaps they need more beta testers with all sorts of machines? I'd be happy to help but I only have one box which is in constant use.