PDA

View Full Version : Getting Saorsat on VU Solo 2 in ireland

paull
19-10-16, 12:50
HI,

Have been trying to setup my new VU Solo 2 to pickup the RTE Saorsat channels as my old satellite box did.

The problem is if I chose kas-sat 9A from the tuner setup menu I get nothing.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards...Paul L

Joe_90
19-10-16, 14:07
Have you set the LNB correctly for Ka band? I don't have a similar setup, so I will be of limited use to you! What receiver did you use before?

edit - I had a quick look at the satellites.xml file which lists the transponders and I don't see the actual Saorsat transponder listed.
You could try manually scanning a transponder with the following settings:

10765V, Symbol rate 25000, FEC 2/3. This is info from Wikipedia so I can't claim any prior knowledge.

paull
25-10-16, 12:08
Thanks Fat-tony

The old box that works ok is a Walker WP75SAT-HD. The setting for the box are 20185/L/25000 fec 2/3.

The two dishes I use are connected to the both the Other Walker box (in another room) and the Vu Solo 2 via diseqc.

Have tried Signal find with both the setting you suggested and the setting show above from the walker box..No signal!

any thoughts?

Regards...Paul L

Joe_90
25-10-16, 13:19
That setting I gave you in post #2 is a "workaround" for standard boxes which don't have the correct settings for the Ka LNB which operates using a different Local Oscillator Frequency. I presume you have looked for specific Ka LNB settings in ViX? I'll have a look at my own setup shortly, but I can't test anything as I don't have a Ka LNB.

Ok - I fired up the box and pointed the motor at 9E. Scanned the sat to check my reception of the standard Ku band stuff - mostly encrypted but there were a few FTA channels. As regards Ka band setup, I didn't find anything specific within the settings, but there is an advanced option within the tuner settings menu which allows you to manually set the LOF of your particular LNB (which I presume you have somewhere!). You could try that,but you would then need to scan the transponder using the specific, correct frequency (20185/L/25000 fec 2/3) instead of the "workaround" frequency I put in post #2.

If this still won't work I may have to see if another developer/tester can shed any light on your issue. The boards dot ie forum may give you a better range of feedback from other users of Saorsat as it's not something most posters on this forum are familiar with.

Joe_90
25-10-16, 14:27
I did some further investigation and all info points to the "workaround" settings actually working with standard receivers. Just double check your settings are correct - 10765 V 25000 2/3 DVB-S2 QPSK

judge
26-10-16, 03:39
Saorsat working fine here on a diseqc 4 port switch & various boxes including Solo 2.
Nothing special needs to be done. It won't be listed in ABM, but just run a scan on the details @fat-tony mentioned and all should populate.

rebelrams
04-12-16, 20:50
Hey guys, I recently purchased my new SOLO 2 from WOS and want to set up the Saorsat channels but having no luck after reading this thread. I have the latest Vix image but do I do a blind scan or where do I go to enter the details entered bt @fattony above?

Joe_90
04-12-16, 21:52
@rebelrams - do you have the Saorsat channels working on another box already? You need a special LNB and your dish pointed at 9E to start with.

Huevos
05-12-16, 03:40
And you need to set up a new satellite in your satellites.xml at 9.2E.