PDA

View Full Version : MK Picons - Feeds or Fixed zip/rar name

Silent
19-10-16, 09:08
Hi Guys

I was wondering if it would be possible to get these picons on the feeds like we used to have with the Ocram ones?

Failing that, an easier-to-manage solution could be to maintain an MK_400x240_Latest.rar (or a symlink to the current name schema which changes with every release) which we could set a cron task to execute a script which grabs the latest every few days or so and unrars to /picon.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Silent

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 13:15
Hi Guys

I was wondering if it would be possible to get these picons on the feeds like we used to have with the Ocram ones?

Failing that, an easier-to-manage solution could be to maintain an MK_400x240_Latest.rar (or a symlink to the current name schema which changes with every release) which we could set a cron task to execute a script which grabs the latest every few days or so and unrars to /picon.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Silent

The files are big and won't be on the feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
19-10-16, 19:28
You wont believe this, a few moderators wanted "latest" to be added to the swear list. It is among the most ambiguous words anyone can use.

You will have some on on Apollo 166, perform an update, no updates show and think they are on the latest image.

The uploads have dates on their names.
MK uploads individual picons to top up or update them.
After a few weeks I combine them into update packs and usually add a date to the filename.
If he does a few versions of a picon, I move the least downloaded ones to the alternate picons thread
After a while, I upload the whole set and delete the "update packs" which are also dated.

I am only waiting for qvcxmas before uploading the whole lot again.