PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 wont boot

nickpsar
19-10-16, 09:08
Good morning guys, I need your help desperately,

My fully working Vu+ SOLO2 suddenly stopped booting. First the message "Starting.." shows on the box and then screen is stacked in "VU+ SOLO2" but nothing else happens. It is unreachable. Also Ethernet port is not working. When I am trying to flash new image despite that the procedure finishes successfully I am facing the same situation, receiver is stacked in "VU+ SOLO2".

Thank you in advance!
Nick

DaMacFunkin
19-10-16, 09:41
In my experience if you successfully perform a fresh flash and it won't boot it is either:
Hardware fault (Not unlikley but rare).
A clone receiver (very likely and not so rare).

john doe
19-10-16, 10:13
id go with DaMacFunkins suggestion. can you reply back with Avalon's comment

nickpsar
19-10-16, 10:14
Receiver for sure is not a clone. I bought it from the official reseller in my country. I have tried to flash almost all the available firmware with different usb sticks.
I was running blackhole 3.0.2 f before the problem appeared

john doe
19-10-16, 10:32
are you able to reflash with black hole with no problem?

nickpsar
19-10-16, 10:34
You did remove the USB drive after flashing didn't you? Boot it with just HDMi/Power and see if that helps (no network cable or sat feeds).
Same situation :(. The weird thing is that new firmware is uploaded successfully but after restart is stacked in ''vu+ solo2''

nickpsar
19-10-16, 10:35
are you able to reflash with black hole with no problem?

I am not able to flash my box.

john doe
19-10-16, 11:08
follow post 10 and report back, to inform if it worked or not.

if its a genuine solo2 there should be no issues with flashing vix or blackhole and if you followed the right method of flashing. if you are unable to flash the old BH image back on the box, then this suggests clone.

nickpsar
19-10-16, 13:15
Update: Lan out - HDD out - vix image inside usb stick- hp format tool used
Exactly the same problem. Here is a video with the hole procedure
https://youtu.be/0QceXiyvoFE

Am I doing something wrong guys?

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 13:17
Have you tried the rear USB port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickpsar
19-10-16, 13:30
Have you tried the rear USB port?

Yes of course I tried rear usb also. Same situation again

Andy_Hazza
19-10-16, 13:34
I would try a ViX Apollo 001 image or ViX 3.0.808 image. If they work, will confirm you have a clone receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
19-10-16, 13:41
Update: Lan out - HDD out - vix image inside usb stick- hp format tool used
Exactly the same problem. Here is a video with the hole procedure
https://youtu.be/0QceXiyvoFE

Am I doing something wrong guys?

the flashing process is fine, by looks of the video. have you tried a different usb stick? or try what andy has suggested, as that will confirm if its a clone or not. I had similar issue years ago with vu duo tured out a clone

nickpsar
19-10-16, 13:54
I think there some indicators to ckeck if a box is a clone or not. For example the magnet in the front door etc. Any way I 'll give a try with the images you propose.

Were I can find these images? Can you send me a link?
Thanks

john doe
19-10-16, 13:59
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

or try google

judge
19-10-16, 14:45
Had the exact same problem on a genuine Solo2 recently.
Opening the box, removing everything including the front panel, resitting everything worked.

nickpsar
19-10-16, 15:26
Thanks to Andy the box is ALIVE. But I can flash only vix 3.0.808 . Why is happening that?

ccs
19-10-16, 15:39
A clone......

I would try a ViX Apollo 001 image or ViX 3.0.808 image. If they work, will confirm you have a clone receiver.

nickpsar
19-10-16, 15:45
A clone......

So can you explain me why since 2014 never had a single problem using images for genuine boxes?

satmanbasil
19-10-16, 15:59
Hi mate

Following your utube video the procedure looks correct however when you have reflashed you need to be connected to your tv set to follow on screen setup which need certain response via the remote, from watching the video you may have got
to that screen then simply switched off so every time you switch it on again it will require the setup procedure to be completed first.

Of late the solo2 seems to take a tad longer in rebooting I have noticed bear in mind this is a users build with bells and whistles and every update adds more to the programme which in turn slows the receiver down a little on booting

DaMacFunkin
19-10-16, 16:20
Exactly what satmanbasil says, you need to have it connected to your TV, you turned off before giving it time to boot, but here is the thing, on a fresh flashed box, it will say solo2 on it till you have loaded a bouquet or gone into the menu.
On older images the solo2 used to show a booting percentage on the front screen , with the newer images it doesn't.

nickpsar
19-10-16, 18:27
Ok guys,
no changes no matter how long time will pass.
I think somewhere else is the problem. Still trying...

chrisnasah
27-06-18, 23:01
Ok guys,
no changes no matter how long time will pass.
I think somewhere else is the problem. Still trying...

i know this is a very old thread but i have the exact same issue, box is definitely not a clone, how did you fix this issue if you ever did?

Thanks