PDA

View Full Version : best twin tuner (hard drive compatible) for £125

johnski
18-10-16, 19:27
i know its all about opinion but im looking for to spent no more than £125 on my 2nd box (currently own a vu duo), so any recommendations are gratefully received.

Andy_Hazza
18-10-16, 19:30
I would look at this >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-twin-satellite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
18-10-16, 20:31
Internal HDD always best imo. OSMini n Mut@nt budget receivers downfall imo.

Sicilian
18-10-16, 20:34
i know its all about opinion but im looking for to spent no more than £125 on my 2nd box (currently own a vu duo), so any recommendations are gratefully received.

I'd also suggest the Nano-SE M2 plus, rock solid quality receiver with internal SATA HDD facility. Or if you can stretch a little higher the Xtrend ET7500 as has a nice front display too http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ET7500-2x-DVB-S2?filter_name=ET7500&filter_category_id=63

Andy_Hazza
18-10-16, 21:38
Needs to avoid generic usb flash drives as they are useless with e2 boxes. I prefer internal HDD to usb flash drives 99.9% of the time, but thats just my personal preference. I'm not a big fan of external HDDs, never have been but do understand where you are coming from and a good 128GB SanDisk Ultra Fit usb drive is a good choice imo, but you are looking at £25 for that.

DC33
04-11-16, 11:19
Similar to OP, I'm on a budget, but as first box to replace Sky+.
WoS first suggested Se M2 (but no BT or optical spdif), then et7500.
Considering the os mini or hd1500 now. Os mini favourite, but severe lack of reviews...
Is external hdd no good for timeshift/pause? Got 4 to choose from...
Dave

danlou
04-11-16, 12:25
Similar to OP, I'm on a budget, but as first box to replace Sky+.
WoS first suggested Se M2 (but no BT or optical spdif), then et7500.
Considering the os mini or hd1500 now. Os mini favourite, but severe lack of reviews...
Is external hdd no good for timeshift/pause? Got 4 to choose from...
Dave

OSMini you can't go wrong. They are no negative reviews I have come across mainly because they just work with the right configuration. And if/when things go wrong you can always repair/reflash or see an answer to your query on this forum.
I have set up dozens of these boxes and had no negative comeback. The added bonus of built-in WiFi saves around £20 as you don't have to fork out for homeplugs if your router is not near the receiver.

chris16v
04-11-16, 16:31
i bought both the OSMini and ET7500 recently for family members. I have found both to be good build quality and reliable. No issues with either. I would happily recommend either of these boxes as very good budget receivers.
Of course the OSMini has onboard wireless which i have found to be perfectly stable in my testing and it means no need for powerline adapters. :)
(although the OSMini remote is a bit clunky)

DC33
04-11-16, 18:19
Thanks guys
Edision it is then. Probably. Unless sky offer me £50/month off for the next 12...