PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo2 Fallback to Zero

chuf
17-10-16, 23:11
Hi All

Is there any way of getting the epg data to be downloaded to the zero from the duo2?

at the moment my zero is using the duo2 as fall back.

Tnks

Chuf

judge
18-10-16, 00:02
If you have the Duo2 EPG storage device mounted on the zero, you can set it to read the EPG.
Every 24hrs works perfectly for me with a similar set-up.

DaMacFunkin
18-10-16, 07:48
If you have the Duo2 EPG storage device mounted on the zero, you can set it to read the EPG.

I tried this with my solo2 connected to duo2, the solo2 had no storage and the duo2 hard drive was mounted on the solo2 via nfs as hardrive replacement, i could watch the recordings from the duo2 on the solo2, i could stream channels from the duo2 to solo2 (solo2 also had no sat feed, only bouquet downloaded from duo2) the epg location was correctly set as to duo2 hdd instead of flash and all it imported was blank.
Even if i go into manually load epg.dat from duo2 it imports nothing.
It used to work.
I am one of those people who for a long time havn't been able to discover my VU+ boxes via network browser, they are there because they connect to each other via the old pre-configured mounts.xml, but they don't show in other devices Network browsers such as kodi, they used to in images gone by, now they don't
I have another e2 box running openpli on the same network, that shows up in any browser that supports nfs fine and dandy.
Long and short of it i now just use epg importer on the solo2 with a usb drive, i wasted too much time on it.

chuf
18-10-16, 18:33

Hi
When in the epg settings of the zero where do I enter the duo2 location of the epg, drive of the duo is mounted.
any screen shots of yours I could look at :thumbsup:
Tnks
Chuf

DaMacFunkin
18-10-16, 19:05
Go into epg/ settings and the first line should say internal flash if you have no local storage, highlight it and move your arrow right to change location.

chuf
18-10-16, 19:38
Go into epg/ settings and the first line should say internal flash if you have no local storage, highlight it and move your arrow right to change location.
This is were my issue is it doesn't show my mounted drive of the usb of the duo2 it only gives me the option of my usb stick which has my picons on or internal which is connected to the zero

judge
19-10-16, 08:32
This is were my issue is it doesn't show my mounted drive of the usb of the duo2 it only gives me the option of my usb stick which has my picons on or internal which is connected to the zero
In my case, I have a HDD from a GBQuad mounted on various boxes as HDD replacement, then EPG set to read from
/media/hdd/.
EPG downloads on the GB daily, EPG on the client boxes reads that EPG daily.