PDA

View Full Version : TM-800HD working great with latest UR image

Sicilian
09-01-11, 09:23
Last night I tested a TM-800HD with the latest UR image. Got to admit I was very impressed with how its working now, I think Technomate are finally back on track with this receiver. Card reader working, wifi working, both SD & HD picture quality is fantastic! Zapping speed has vastly improved too. Recording to internal HDD worked spot on too. Thought it was great tbh, I always thought the build quality was great and now software and perfomance wise its great too.

The only thing I can really say negative is that it could do with more skins, but i'm sure that will come now that the source has been released to deveopers.

Put it like this, If I was in the market for a Linux HD receiver at this price range I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these, supplied from our sponsor with free UK delivery http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Technomate-TM800HD

Larry-G
09-01-11, 09:29
it's about time things started to go right for this receiver. iv'e always said it was a bloody great receiver but for the lack of a decent firmware package.

hopefully TM can repair some of the damage that has been done to their rep.

jjp2701
09-01-11, 10:03
for the price of these you could get a vu+solo, if these were about 200 pound then they would sell really fast, but because the price range is the same as a vu+solo, well the damage is done, to get this box back on track it needs to lower its price

Sicilian
09-01-11, 10:09
for the price of these you could get a vu+solo, if these were about 200 pound then they would sell really fast, but because the price range is the same as a vu+solo, well the damage is done, to get this box back on track it needs to lower its price

Dont see why it should be £200, there's differences with both. To start the TM-800Hd has 2 scarts sockets, RF modulator, component output and VFD display! The Solo has none of these connection options let alone the display.

silverfox0786
09-01-11, 10:11
in that respect if the image has improved and beinga solo owner myself i may have got the 800hd if this was the case before hand so its a well worth buying box now

jjp2701
09-01-11, 10:17
in simple terms which one has sold the most ?

and been the most reliable box ?

and is the talk of all forums ?

Sicilian
09-01-11, 10:19

Ok, lets put it another way, if Technomate hadn't had screwed up with the release of the software, would the Solo have got so popular? In all honesty I think the Solo is now going to struggle at the price its set at.

Larry-G
09-01-11, 10:22

that means absolutely nothing mate.
yes TM could and should have handled things differently and done something well before now, but just look how quick thins have moved on since TM issued the recall / j-tag and released the source code for the box. dont get me wrong the solo is also a massively popular box but dont write the TM800 off just yet.

jjp2701
09-01-11, 10:24
i agree with you there, if the software was resolved straight away then technomate would of sold millions of these and beat any box that is for sale, but it diddnt so in real terms the solo wins hands down, now i was gonna get one of these, and still might get one now issues have been resolved, but still gonna wait, and see if other teams release images for this box, another thing does it still go out of sync after watching something on a channel for over an hour ? because that is one of the reasons i diddnt buy one, i have the look of the box and always liked the technomate boxes, i have a tm5400 the old one, and it is a rock of a box, but then i had a tm600 linux and it was a nightmare box that i sold, so linux versions put me of them, but i still am debating wether to take the gamble on one

Sicilian
09-01-11, 10:28
I was watching TV on it last night and didn't come accross any sync issues.

Larry-G
09-01-11, 10:29
then i had a tm600 linux and it was a nightmare box that i sold, so linux versions put me of them, but i still am debating wether to take the gamble on one

i find that strange as i have 2 tm600's and there both rock solid little boxes. granted there not the all singing and dancing E2 boxes like the VU but for the price there perfect as boxes to just chuck in a spare room, and hook up for sky uk.

bassethound
09-01-11, 11:31
The tm800 is still going to struggle allot against the solo as it has no support from any team apart from the UR team enough said

been promised that 9 dev teams are working on images for the box but technomate wont say who?

with out support it will end up like the AZbox

Sicilian
09-01-11, 11:32
The tm800 is still going to struggle allot against the solo as it has no support from any team apart from the UR team enough said

been promised that 9 dev teams are working on images for the box but technomate wont say who?

with out support it will end up like the AZbox

Well at least the TM800 has Enigma 2 running on it now :) Azbox is still trying lol!

bassethound
09-01-11, 11:38
I have allways said the technomate was a great little box and that over dev teams should be allowed to make images and the UR team were not up to making a E2 image

they have only yesterday partially fixed the widescreen issue on the tm500/600 after months of user requests/moans

bassethound
09-01-11, 11:39
I have allways said the technomate was a great little box and that over dev teams should be allowed to make images and the UR team were not up to making a E2 image

they have only yesterday partially fixed the widescreen issue on the tm500/600 after months of user requests/moans

Stanman
09-01-11, 19:48
The big neg for the solo is a lack of display. If the image is sorted than 800 will be a real contender. I bought a solo 4 weeks ago and if i was going to do it again it would be a close thing but still Solo because of VIX

squig007
10-01-11, 10:48
the tm800hd wifi is not working for everyone. the hdd is not reconised on each boot up - there are still many problems with the box im afraid.

dont suppose andy from vix could do an image for it ?????

squig007

Sicilian
10-01-11, 10:56
the tm800hd wifi is not working for everyone. the hdd is not reconised on each boot up - there are still many problems with the box im afraid.

squig007

Worked fine for me. Has your TM800 been Jtagged? Have you tested latest UR image?

bassethound
10-01-11, 12:02

squig007

Try this for wifi

1-Press LAN
2-move to Wireless
3-Press yellow button on your remote wait for confirmation.
3-See green thick left of wireless press ok
4-press ok on adopter setting
5-Go to encryption thick NO press ok
6-Go to scan wireless press ok and wait about one minute if router not found
7-Go to your router wifi setting set to no encryption and re boot the router.
8-Test your pc or laptop to make sure internet is active.
9-go to tm-800 re peat scan warless again if no joy.
10-Go to restart wireless-and wait a bit may be one or two minutes if no
11-Turn off from rear for one minutes re start again by going to scan wire less if no joy
12-open your box and see if connection is lose
13-If above ok after that you can set to password If non above work for you as number 13 is not lucky number do not buy any lottery ticket because you will lose

squig007
10-01-11, 12:17
ill try that when i get home- i know its from the download centre but i think it's a bit poor having to turn your wifi encyption of to test whether i can get it working - my vu+duo is arriving today anyway

digidude
11-01-11, 16:40
WiFi works with WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption, in the setup though, choose the type of encryption your router uses, DO NOT select 'WPA or WPA2' option, choose EITHER 'WPA' or 'WPA2' on their own

every receiver i have, i have a small usb sticl for swap files etc, the same with my TM800, and with a small memory stick, the internal drive is correctly detected on every boot up

IMO, all thats left to sort out in the software is the media center, i have an image thats 75% of the way to having media center fully working

I can confirm that UR are not the only team working on images, but, the PLi source that teams are working from, is UR modified

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 16:43
Thanks digidude

was wondering wen you would come out of the wood work and help the poor tm800 owner out ;)

bassethound
11-01-11, 16:51
Thanks digidude for all the hard work you are doing on the tm800 for all the tm800 owneres

nice to see you posting here

jjp2701
11-01-11, 16:57
if anyone knows how to resolve problems for the tm800hd box, then i would say digidude is the tm man

digidude
11-01-11, 17:07
for those who own a TM800, i have released a modified UR image, complete with the latest version of the CoolTV EPG and a few other bits to play with, all pre configured

i see a few of the vix moderators etc now also own TM800s, is that just a fluke, ;)

Sicilian
11-01-11, 17:14
for those who own a TM800, i have released a modified UR image, complete with the latest version of the CoolTV EPG and a few other bits to play with, all pre configured

i see a few of the vix moderators etc now also own TM800s, is that just a fluke, ;)

We dont all have them yet.....but who knows...............

Right where's that VIP setting for Digidude :)

Larry-G
11-01-11, 17:16

TM's are cracking boxes in my opinion. i at present have 2 TM600's the only thing that has so far put me off getting the TM800 was the firmware, which now seems mostly resolved so i'll likely be getting one of them too soon.

Jony
11-01-11, 17:34
Sicilian

Thanks to Sicilian starting this thread.

Tm has been my starter since1998 with tm-5000 dapci till today with tm800,
early days was disappointing for tm800 as took long time to get to what it is now.
we all know DM took years
so tm took months
but it was a worthwhile waiting for
this is first time I joined to this forum happy with my box chose tm800 as my name
image 8-1-11 is the best image I tested in tm800 everything's work so good
hard disk N router wifi PVR I have never been so happy with my tm800 since new image
waiting for teams to come out with few new images ,I am sure this box will do wonders with all these extra hardware.:)

Rat
12-01-11, 17:42
Digidude and Dw have put in hours, weeks even months of effort into this little bundle of joy :whistle:

DW Team has helped and modified UR_ images to help the end user to make it simpler to use
with adding PPanel, bouquets and epg :) making it look prettier with change of icons and skins etc :)
so thats 1 team thats have IMO brought the box on a little further ?

its been frustrating at time lol but also enjoyable working on the box
things are deffo looking up IMO
:thumbsup:

Rat

Sicilian
12-01-11, 17:46
If you DW guys want to post some screenshots, please go ahead :)

squig007
13-01-11, 19:19
i have to say i was on the phone with Richard from technomate the other day for over an hour. What a guy an absolute gentleman . im using a buffalo ethernet bridge now for my tm800hd and my vu+duo box and it's working a treat now just set the tm800hd up using it and its great.

i also have to say the digidude could not be more helpful over in DW forum these two forums are by far the two best there is . A sat peep doesnt need anything else
squig007

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 19:21
ii also have to say the digidude could not be more helpful over in DW forum these two forums are by far the two best there is . A sat peep doesnt need anything else
squig007

digidue has started to post here more so you can ask here and there i'm sure digidude will be happy to answer

squig007
13-01-11, 19:38
also to be fair i was proabably a bit harsh on the tm800hd. It's been very frustrating as Rat said at times but the we box is defiantley coming along nicely . yes there has been nights when i felt like throwing through the window but im really excited about what othere teams are now working on it.

out of interest does anyone know if the VIX team are by any chnace doing an image for it ?????????

squig007

reddishd
22-05-11, 06:29
If Technomate had relesed the box fully working it would cost you twice the price.

reddishd
22-05-11, 06:45
I got a TM800hd the day they came out to be develpoed and i can say WELL i still use mine every day handels all 5 viewing card and records. Never misses a beat!
And her in doors loves it to, She can even move channels from the sat list to the fav`s.
:cool:

Rat
22-05-11, 13:54
What Image are you using ?
do you update images as and when they come out ?

I find it very strange that most people are having some sort of problem (especially recording) ... USB or INT ?

so your recording is perfect
HD audio is not lower than SD
HD audio doesn't drop out
etc
etc

btw I'm not calling you a liar it just amazes me how different these boxes are and the results are so different

:)

Stanman
22-05-11, 20:29
Box is very temperamental, I have found internal HDD does a Houdini even with a USB stick plugged in.

witchy
01-06-11, 23:57
If Technomate had relesed the box fully working it would cost you twice the price.

Really?

So why was their initial price £50 less than the actual retail price?

Technomate originally issued a price of £199 then it jumped up to £249.

Are you saying that Technomate knew it was going to fail so priced it at less than half of what they could have made from it?

I'd appreciate it if you would explain your post.

witchy
02-06-11, 00:05
I got a TM800hd the day they came out to be develpoed and i can say WELL i still use mine every day handels all 5 viewing card and records. Never misses a beat!
And her in doors loves it to, She can even move channels from the sat list to the fav`s.
:cool:

Oh shut up.

I had mine on pre-order.

Does that make me a Beta Tester?

Actually I know fine well that I'm a Beta-Tester. :)

The machine barely passes as a basic HD box let alone a PVR. When it works (IMO/FME) it works great, but it has far too many moments when it does not work properly.

charliesen
02-06-11, 00:28
I nearly bought one of these when it first came out Stu. Glad i chose the duo instead

witchy
02-06-11, 15:54
Aye but you are rich Charlie. :)

barrykap
09-06-11, 15:18
I have always had the old Technomates and I love the user-interface with the clear understandable menus etc.

Wanting to try a Linux box I got a VU Solo, which like the TM-800 runs Enigma2. But I find no matter which 'skin'' I use with the Solo, the user interface is never as good (to me anyway) as the old techno. eg; clicking on 'OK' when viewing a channel sensibly brings up the channel list on the technos but just shows current channel info on the Solo. You have to (strangely to me) press the 'up' button to get the channel list and it has then moved up a channel. I then sometimes think the 'new' channel highlighted is the channel I am watching. Very confusing.

This happens on every 'skin' that I have tried so far.

I am unhappy with just this one feature and is enough to want me to get rid of the Solo.

I would ideally like to know if the old Techno menu's etc are also on the TM-800.

Can anyone tell me if this is so? Or does it just use a Techno-logo 'skin' over the basic Enigma and so is committed to these irritations that I don't like. :-)

Barry.

Larry-G
09-06-11, 15:30
at best the majority of skin designers for the enigma systems are amateurs and as such they will never be up to the standard of purpose built GUI's of non linux boxes. there are however some very tallented skinners, who listen to whats wanted and try as best as possible to tailor their skins to the end user

digidude
09-06-11, 16:07
i have tried, and failed, many times to create a skin. Even using the few tools that exist, its a HUGE and complex task

barrykap
09-06-11, 18:30
Ah well... At least mentioning it on this forum might influence future updates to enigma or a good skin.

Barry