PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers guide?

dpolshaw
14-10-16, 09:32
Hi All

I am sure this must have been posted before but I cannot find it. If so, maybe someone can point me in the right direction? Is there a newbies guide to the Technomate TM-Twin OE anywhere? I received mine last week and, after a bit of messing and updating to the latest kernel, I have a system working pretty well. I just wondered if there was a 'start here - do this' and 'best practice' guide. I have it receiving from Astra, I have set up a bouquet so I just get the freeSat channels I want. Some things I cannot seem to find -

1. Linux login ID and password for telnet/ftp
2. Radio channels! I have all the TV ones but radio is missing
3. iPlayer and ITV hub addons
4. Getting the signal, via an extra cable, to a 2nd TV upstairs (This was previously working from a Sky+ HD box)

There will probably be more as time goes on and I apologise if this is the wrong place. I will learn! (eventually...)

Cheers

Dave

abu baniaz
14-10-16, 09:58
2. press the radio button
3. You will find the plugins on Linuxsat forum.
4. The TM Twin is among the few sat receivers that has a built in rf modulator. You should have a menu for it and select the RF channel.

dpolshaw
14-10-16, 14:55
Thanks for the responses so far

1. I did try root and blank but that was before latest kernel - I'll try again
2. Radio button says 'this service is not configured' yet the auto bouquet says it did find some.
3. I'll look for the plugins and, once I can log on to Linux (see 1), try downloading them
4. Yes, it has an RF out which is one of the reasons I chose it but there is no indication of whether rf modulation should be on or off. As to device channel - It currently goes through a little dongle between TV and cable that used to let me use the sky remote. I don't know what channel that is on so I guess I could try a direct link to the TV and get the TV to tune into whatever is being transmitted.

I'll get there...

Thanks again.

Is there a beginners guide or section of this forum where I can ask what may be, to some, stupid questions?

dpolshaw
17-10-16, 11:21
Hmmm - Thought I posted this yesterday but cannot see it :-( Apologies if I ask twice

Radio sorted - Rescanned and there they were!
No need to telnet as I can copy the stuff using FTP but if I ever need to use an apt-get I may be stuck
FTPd BBC iPlayer from the link on this forum but it only has 'about' and 'exit' as options. Does not actually function as iPlayer
I have sorted out the outputs - LNB1 loop just outputs from the LNB so can only work on another sat box. RF out passes through the terrestrial aerial signal so does not get sat channels. How can I get both to the remote TV as used to happen with my Sky HD+ box?

Many thanks in advance

Dave