PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Vix 4.2.008 Crashing Bug

SkyFan
14-10-16, 07:02
Vix still has crashing bugs. I reported these issues in the previous images but they are still present in the current image. Why can't they be fixed? Only addon I have installed is Sundtek Control Center Plugin which I need for my USB tuner to work.

This time Vix crashed when I was looking at conflicting timers and I pressed a button to modify one of the timers. Crash Log attached

Also another time I had the box turned on and was on the EPG. Hours later while still in the EPG I tried to use the remote and the box wouldn't respond. I had to turn the box off then on via the back switch to regain control. So unable to provide a crash log as the box didn't crash. Attached debug log. Don't know if that's of any use to you.

abu baniaz
14-10-16, 08:05
The crash will be looked at.

However, you are recording the following:
20161013 2050 - Sky Sports 5 HD - WWE Main Event.ts...
20161013 2050 - Sky Spts F1 HD - F1 Classic Races_ Britain 1991.ts...

Why?

IAmATeaf
14-10-16, 09:30
Abu bit confused by the why? Would the recordings be causing the issue?

abu baniaz
14-10-16, 09:46
The crash is a menu path issue and needs fixing.

I am curious as to why is he recording two channels that he cannot decrypt.

(Ironically, that gives the timer conflict, that causes him to go to try and resolve the conflict. He then encounters the crash.)

SkyFan
14-10-16, 19:48
You're focusing on the wrong things! The box crash can happen regardless of what you're doing as mentioned in previous threads. I recorded those things so that once I set timers for everything, I could look at the timers then look at what Sky shows I needed to record on my Sky box.

What about the issue of the box not responding to the remote control?

twol
14-10-16, 20:07
Abu has already responded to your original post ref one issue, but like him I am trying to understand why you record channels you cannot watch?
Ref the remote, could be any thing as the log just indicates various Sky channels being recorded nothing specific

So perhaps if you clarify what you are trying to do, it might be a bit clearer:)

SkyFan
14-10-16, 20:10
It's in my original post what I was trying to do. Was trying to use the remote, the box didn't respond to any button being pressed.

duoduo
14-10-16, 20:18
How do we know that he can't view those channels? He might have virmin hence the USB tuner?

twol
14-10-16, 20:27
It's in my original post what I was trying to do. Was trying to use the remote, the box didn't respond to any button being pressed.

.... and there is nothing on the logs to show why

twol
14-10-16, 20:32
The log shows 4 dvb-s2 and a dvb t2 tuner .... why some of you guys can't use plain English is beyond me:)

DaMacFunkin
14-10-16, 21:26
How do we know that he can't view those channels? He might have virmin hence the USB tuner?

The log shows him scanning freeview with the USB tuner.

abu baniaz
15-10-16, 00:11

The namespace for 28.2 is "11A0000".
:trustme:

There is a modified "TimerEdit.py" file to fix the crash for going into the menu he is going to. I'm apprehensive of uploading here just in case havoc is wreaked.