PDA

View Full Version : Help Setting up a Motorised Dish

malcolm159
14-05-10, 14:00
Hi, can any one help me with motor setup. I’ve been using a dreambox 7000 setup to drive a motorised dish using a Vbox.to drive a 36 volts jack arm. I want to use this on my vu, I know the positions of the sats I used to watch and the number that they are store in the vbox and dreambox menu setup I still have the 7000 so can check its set correct .I don’t seemed to be able to find a way of setting this up in my new vu .I can get the vu to work on one sat but unable to find the menu option to turn off usals to configure the positions manually as I did in the 7000. Has this option been taken away making usals the only option or is it just that I can’t find it. :confused:
Thanks in advance
Regards Malcolm

Sicilian
14-05-10, 14:07
I'll be honest here, I've never used a Vbox before, but I did look into one a while. My understanding of it was that the VBox stores all the sat positions for the 36V motor and that the receiver settings would be set as if your using a DiSEQC motor. Have you tried setting your tuner as per the screenshot below: -

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=312

I'd really be interested in this as I've been toying with the idea of buying a vbox for a DM7020 I connected to motor.

malcolm159
14-05-10, 14:43
Hi yes tried that it didn’t work, been having a look round other forums and found some ideas for setting one up on a dreambox 800, but I’m at work so cant try them till I get home .Just thought some one may have done it for the vu duo to save a bit of time or say it cant be done. I will check the ideas out when I get home and post back here when and if I manage to solve it.
Regards Malcolm

Sicilian
14-05-10, 14:53
Yes that would really be great. Let us know what you try. From the idea's you find we might be able to come up with the solution. Put it like this, if it can be setup on a dreambox, it can be setup with a VU+ duo.

hummer66
14-05-10, 15:57
Hi malcolm you have the same setup as me. In (tuner configuration) advanced all i do is select a sat set the use usals for this sat to no then on the next line down input the number of the sat position there this works great for me

Sicilian
14-05-10, 16:00
Hi malcolm you have the same setup as me. In (tuner configuration) advanced all i do is select a sat set the use usals for this sat to no then on the next line down input the number of the sat position there this works great for me

Hummer you able to post screenshots please? Go to web interface of your VU+, boxcontrol then screenshot (OSD) ;)

satmanbasil
14-05-10, 16:06
Hi mates

Call me lazy but i have never connected my vbox to any of my satellite receivers, as the vbox has its own memory to store positions by number if i decide to check out channels on 1w i just press 12 on the vbox remote to swing the dish while i change the satellite on the vu+. In the vu+ i have settings for the favorite 4 sats 19e - 13e - 28e - 1w if however i bird hop to another not on the list i simply go into settings and change one of the 4 mentioned into where i wish to go (making sure not to agree to delete the previous sat details), in my sat xml i have all birds from 36e - 45w listed.
regards
satmanbasil

hummer66
14-05-10, 16:17
will get some screen shots up asap at work at the mo so later tonight

hummer66
14-05-10, 19:18
Go to main menu then tuner configuration tuner A, tuner configuration advanced NOT simple then select a sat scroll down to the bottom set uses usals for this sat to NO another line appears then put your stored position on the vbox that corresponds to that sat do the same for all other sat :D

catseye
14-05-10, 20:33
Go to main menu then tuner configuration tuner A, tuner configuration advanced NOT simple then select a sat scroll down to the bottom set uses usals for this sat to NO another line appears then put your stored position on the vbox that corresponds to that sat do the same for all other sat :D

Hummer what vbox are you using with your vu box m8

hummer66
14-05-10, 21:20
a superjack v box ll

malcolm159
15-05-10, 00:08

Hi thanks hummer 66 for info got it working now just as above seems a bit long winded compired to my dreambox 7000 way of doing thats progress for you.
Regards Malcolm