PDA

View Full Version : Front Display Issue

reidster
12-10-16, 22:03
Current Vix Image

Hi Guys,

From yesterday my front display is not showing anything other than the time and channel at the very top left of the display in small white text, i can get the display to mirror the tv but when I choose a display setting skin it reverts back to the small text. Tried a restore and various settings but to no avail

Any help would be appreciated,Thanks

abu baniaz
12-10-16, 22:08
Define "current" please. Other people use name and number.

Please take time to read the following:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

reidster
12-10-16, 22:17
Lesson learnt sir
Openvix 4.1.016 (release)
Skin Name Red-HD

Thanks

abu baniaz
12-10-16, 22:21
Hopefully one of the ET8500 users will assist.

Did you change the front display panel skin by any chance?

Rob van der Does
13-10-16, 06:56
Current Vix Image

Define "current" please. Other people use name and number.

Lesson learnt sir
Openvix 4.1.016 (release)

So that's far from 'current': current image is 4.2.008

reidster
13-10-16, 07:54
Regards 'current image' when I try a software update it states there is nothing to update, hence my reason for assuming that

When in the front display settings I have tried all available options within the skin menu and nothing changes, once it reboots it stays with the small text at the top left hand corner which is barley noticable

Only time I get any action on that display is when I mirror the TV

abu baniaz
13-10-16, 08:01
I suspect some type of corruption. If you are willing to test...

Make an image backup and save to your PC. You can flash this back later if needed.

Test 1.
Flash 4.1 016 again and bare minimum setup. Do not restore anything. Do not install anything. Does Front Display Panel (FDP) work?

Test 2.
Flash 4.2 008 and bare minimum setup. Do not install anything. Does Front Display Panel (FDP) work?