PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] After latest update, box stuck on Video Input Selection screen

dooferoaks1
11-10-16, 22:36
Hi, as is pretty obvious by the fact I cant even answer version and build number with any great confidence, you are dealing with a muppet. So please accept my apologies in advance.

I got the message advising of a new update so selected it, seemed to go like every other update I had done, (apart from text on screen advising of update in progress had no second line of text, just the tops of letters).

The issue I have now is I am stuck on the Video input selection screen. Now I did read a thread here (on the openvix 4.2 image release notification) that someone had a similar problem and was given advice on how to resolve this problem but I can't work out exactly what they did. I have tried to reflash using a usb but it still goes back to the Video input selection screen. The person said they used an ipad app to access their box, and they were advised to access via their pc. I can't work out either method.

Would reflashing the bootloader make any difference or am I on the highway to fuppin up my box by doing that. Not that I can do anything with it at the moment apart from look at the lovely picture of a remote control, whilst vainly stabbing the OK button in the hope I'll sneak up on it and get it to work this time.

Extremely grateful for any advice anyone may have.

(if this is in wrong place please move and sorry)

abu baniaz
11-10-16, 22:43
You have posted in the correct section.

Are the Video options changing but receiver not accepting your remote control commands?

dooferoaks1
11-10-16, 22:48
Hi,

Yes the options scroll through, from HDMI, to Scart to YPbPr and YPbPR then back to the start, but pressing the OK button (or any button) on the remote does nothing. I know the remote is working as the red light around the TV button still flashes with each button press.

Thanks.

abu baniaz
11-10-16, 22:58
OK. Your remote is on the wrong channel. See this post:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25918-Remote-stopped-working-on-VU-Duo-and-TM-2T&p=193393&viewfull=1#post193393

If that does not work, you should be able to use the webinterface. You will need to check router for receiver's ip address

dooferoaks1
11-10-16, 23:11
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I genuinely can't thank you enough, it is really appreciated. The remote still didn't work on set up, but took your advice and got ip of the box from my router, used Open Webif to go through the set up pages and it worked fine. Thanks again. Over the moon.

Tkr001
12-10-16, 00:09
You should set your remote back to default though.