PDA

View Full Version : Restrict access to Main menu

chris16v
11-10-16, 15:55
To keep this thread going, on the subject of remapping buttons i have used both the button setup in Vix and also the MQB from the feeds and i think the MQB possibly offers more flexibility.

i would like to know if anyone has managed to figure out how to remap the menu button. I basically want to disable access into the main menu from the menu button on the remote so my kids dont bugger up settings and untold damage again. I would like to hide the menu access, maybe under a long colour press. nicely tucked away, any ideas?

Trial
11-10-16, 19:13
Hi,
I had no problem to reconfigure menu. Simply open button setup and press menu then select new function. You should put menu on other button first otherwise you might have problems:-)

btw. somewhere you can activate a pin for different menu options but I do not know where because I am the only big, old child here.

Ralf

chris16v
11-10-16, 20:50
Hi,
somewhere you can activate a pin for different menu options but I do not know where because I am the only big, old child here.

Ralf

lol, i have never thought of setting PIN to access the menu but that`s a brilliant idea. Do you know how to?

kryton
11-10-16, 21:50
lol, i have never thought of setting PIN to access the menu but that`s a brilliant idea. Do you know how to?

Menu / set up / parental control

Enable
Set a pin
Select what menus you want to lock in "Protect screens"