PDA

View Full Version : deep standby problem

wurzel4
11-10-16, 19:31
Have had my attend 8500 for just a week now and every thing is going fine. Except today I noticed that when I put it in deep standby I can not bring it back to life by the remote, but have to switch off and on again via rocker switch on back. Hope someone can help with this problem.
Thanks

Sicilian
11-10-16, 19:44
Have had my attend 8500 for just a week now and every thing is going fine. Except today I noticed that when I put it in deep standby I can not bring it back to life by the remote, but have to switch off and on again via rocker switch on back. Hope someone can help with this problem.
Thanks

Its a driver issue introduced in recent driver updates. Been reported to Xtrend, revert to build 4.2.006 and this issue will not be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wurzel4
11-10-16, 19:49
Thanks for reply.
Good to know that's all it. Will but 4.2.006 back on.
Many thanks for your help

Bangord30
11-10-16, 21:05
Noticed this as well. Back to 1.16 till cable bug fixed too

techygirl
15-10-16, 11:51
I have/had this. Just updated today to 4.2.009 - the release notes state et7x00 and et8500 update drivers * fix not working power button. No sure if this means that this release fixes it or that it specifically is not sorted yet.

EDIT - this is under 4.2.008 and not 2.009 so presumably this latest update hasn't fixed it as there is nothing listed under 2.009.

Bangord30
15-10-16, 11:55
The twin cable pip/recording bug is still there then too. Who can we contact at Xtrend?

twol
15-10-16, 12:01
The twin cable pip/recording bug is still there then too. Who can we contact at Xtrend?

Well, they provided new drivers in the last 48 hours, but were withdrawn because of other issues.
So they are still working on the drivers but unfortunately fixing CI for the German market seems more important:)

Bangord30
15-10-16, 12:05
Thanks for the update though Twol. Appreciated.

Sicilian
15-10-16, 12:14
If you use deep standby stick with build 4.2.006.

If you use twin hybrid stick with 4.1.016.

Both issues are being worked on.

techygirl
15-10-16, 13:10

Good to know that it is being worked on even if it is not resolved. Is there a formal route to report issues or are things picked up from this forum?

Is it a case that the more people that report an issue, the higher the priority?

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 13:11
Emailing directly to the manufacturer is always the best option.

Sicilian
15-10-16, 13:21
They're getting pushed by me every couple of days, they know the urgency :)

danlou
16-10-16, 20:52
Thanks Sicilian, we in this community appreciate your endeavours as its in the best intetest you , for differing reasons, to get the driver issues resolved.

I do hope there is a fix as staying on 4.1.6 means we are getting behind as regular updates are released.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
24-10-16, 13:01
Is there a formal route to report issues or are things picked up from this forum?

Is it a case that the more people that report an issue, the higher the priority?
Reporting issues to the manufacturer is always good, but we also provide issues and information to manufacturers.

Bangord30
25-10-16, 11:26
Anyone know if the driver bug was sorted in.10?

Rob van der Does
25-10-16, 11:31
Yes.
It is not.

danlou
25-10-16, 12:10
How frustrating.

This is an outstanding bug which has been around for three months and since then there has been approx 20 Vix updates.

I do hope there is a fix as effectively the box has reached it's end of life stuck on 4.1.6

Let's hope that w.o.s and others can apply their influence and pressure the manufacturer to release a fix.

Sicilian
25-10-16, 18:53
How frustrating.

This is an outstanding bug which has been around for three months and since then there has been approx 20 Vix updates.

I do hope there is a fix as effectively the box has reached it's end of life stuck on 4.1.6

Let's hope that w.o.s and others can apply their influence and pressure the manufacturer to release a fix.

???? This bug came a few weeks ago with last driver update. Yes its being worked on. No the ET8500 is not end of life :confused:

It's currently the only Quad tuner on the market where you can mix and match 4 individual tuners.

Rob van der Does
25-10-16, 20:42
It's currently the only Quad tuner on the market where you can mix and match 4 individual tuners.
The Mutant HD2400 is a current and interesting 4 DVB-S/C/T tuner STB (transcoding, HDMI-in, card slot).

Andy_Hazza
25-10-16, 21:05
The Mutant HD2400 is a current and interesting 4 DVB-S/C/T tuner STB (transcoding, HDMI-in, card slot).

Great receiver.

abu baniaz
25-10-16, 21:09
Does anyone still stock it?

Blu-ray
25-10-16, 21:56
Does anyone still stock it?

Hi, Scouse645 has a Mut@nt HD2400 3 tuners he's asking £170 inc p&p.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sicilian
25-10-16, 22:10

It's no longer available for sale anywhere.

Blu-ray
25-10-16, 22:21
He pm me this morning it was still for sale ?.

Blu-ray
25-10-16, 22:29

Have found a supplier for the Mutant HD2400 4 X tuners for 349 euros if interested.

danlou
25-10-16, 22:44
???? This bug came a few weeks ago with last driver update. Yes its being worked on. No the ET8500 is not end of life :confused:

I'm referring to the cable recording problem which has existed since August time since the follow on release after 4.1.6;
I never said the product was end of life but it's EFFECTIVELY end of life as the consumer is unable to upgrade the dvb-c version from 4.1.6 even though we are now on 4.2.10 ;
This version contain many new features which current xtrend 8500 dvb-c consumers can't sadly can't make use of.
I hope Xtrend are committed to providing the correct driver update, I'm sure they are but as said previously it's a frustrating period of time if you have a Xtrend 8500 with twin dvb-c setup.

Rob van der Does
26-10-16, 04:33
Oh, yes, it is. You want links?

Sicilian
26-10-16, 06:08
I'm referring to the cable recording problem which has existed since August time since the follow on release after 4.1.6;
I never said the product was end of life but it's EFFECTIVELY end of life as the consumer is unable to upgrade the dvb-c version from 4.1.6 even though we are now on 4.2.10 ;
This version contain many new features which current xtrend 8500 dvb-c consumers can't sadly can't make use of.
I hope Xtrend are committed to providing the correct driver update, I'm sure they are but as said previously it's a frustrating period of time if you have a Xtrend 8500 with twin dvb-c setup.

Why reply to this thread then? :confused:

If anyone who is using 4.1.016 and want to use latest build simply FTP drivers from older image to new. Drivers are in /lib/modules/4.4.8/extra, save ALL four .ko files to your pc. FTP to new image and reboot the receiver.

The ET8500 is nowhere near end of life and I can assure Xtrend are actively working on all issues we've reported.

You can also report yourself to Xtrend direct
http://www.et-view.net/bbs/notice/234975

Sicilian
26-10-16, 06:11
Oh, yes, it is. You want links?

No need, HD2400 is no longer available from Mutant. Anyone who still has stock is just selling what's left on their shelves. Support is ongoing.

Rob van der Does
26-10-16, 07:27
LOL, so you meant to say 'It's no longer available for sale anywhere for retailers' ;)
Anyway: a wide available interesting box.

danlou
26-10-16, 10:51

If anyone who is using 4.1.016 and want to use latest build simply FTP drivers from older image to new. Drivers are in /lib/modules/4.4.8/extra, save ALL four .ko files to your pc. FTP to new image and reboot the receiver.

The ET8500 is nowhere near end of life and I can assure Xtrend are actively working on all issues we've reported.

I referred to it as I believe it was alluded to on previous page. I appreciate that they are investigating the problem but as I said and repeat we can't move forward with >4.1.6 until the matter is resolved. So, users will not be able to make use of new features such as channel numbering, fan control that appeared in V4.2
Anyway, at least my post is related to Xtrend 8500, others are rambling on about Mutants!:p :)

Sicilian
26-10-16, 10:54
I referred to it as I believe it was alluded to on previous page. I appreciate that they are investigating the problem but as I said and repeat we can't move forward with >4.1.6 until the matter is resolved. So, users will not be able to make use of new features such as channel numbering, fan control that appeared in V4.2
Anyway, at least my post is related to Xtrend 8500, others are rambling on about Mutants!:p :)

As I posted before, nothing stopping users FTP'ing drivers from old image to new.

danlou
26-10-16, 10:57
Yes , but aren't the drivers overwritten each time an online update is carried out or only when reflashed?

Andy_Hazza
26-10-16, 11:08
Yeah but just save to the Desktop n ftp them over when needed.

twol
26-10-16, 11:09
Software update should only update changed components, so until the next driver change ..........

stevie1965
27-10-16, 17:07

Please excuse me if I ask two really stupid questions, I've been suffering the recording issue myself for weeks and looking for any thread that mentions it for latest news, I found this thread today. So my questions (well, more 1 question, 1 suggestion) are:

1. Given that you are I'm sure really busy would it not be an idea to put a sticky thread in the Xtrend8500 section that can be used to provide the latest info on the issue? It would make it easier to find and stop people like myself starting new threads for the same problem.

2. If it is easy enough to ftp the old drivers across onto the new image, could the team release an updated version of the Vix image for the 8500 that includes the old drivers? Obviously I have no idea of the way the updates are managed so there could be a myriad of reasons but on the surface it seems like a reasonable idea!

Anyway, I'm sure we all appreciate the work you guys do and we realise that the correct solution is largely out of your hands, it's a shame that Xtrend seem to be taking their time sorting it out.

satnut2
28-10-16, 17:07
Please excuse me if I ask two really stupid questions, I've been suffering the recording issue myself for weeks and looking for any thread that mentions it for latest news, I found this thread today. So my questions (well, more 1 question, 1 suggestion) are:

1. Given that you are I'm sure really busy would it not be an idea to put a sticky thread in the Xtrend8500 section that can be used to provide the latest info on the issue? It would make it easier to find and stop people like myself starting new threads for the same problem.

2. If it is easy enough to ftp the old drivers across onto the new image, could the team release an updated version of the Vix image for the 8500 that includes the old drivers? Obviously I have no idea of the way the updates are managed so there could be a myriad of reasons but on the surface it seems like a reasonable idea!

Anyway, I'm sure we all appreciate the work you guys do and we realise that the correct solution is largely out of your hands, it's a shame that Xtrend seem to be taking their time sorting it out.

I'd really welcome whats suggested here , a new build with the old drivers , I'm not really sure what I'm doing FTP the drivers myself , is a work around build possible vix team ?

All efforts appreciated:thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
28-10-16, 19:02
A work around build won't be feasible. Do what has been suggested, replacing the older drivers with the latest builds. I had to do a similar thing with the Solo 4K earlier this year until Vu+ sorted the driver issues. Doesn't take two mins to ftp the drivers over. Its a good workaround until Xtrend resolves your issues.

satnut2
28-10-16, 19:33
can anyone give me an idiots guide to ftp these drivers please , I can log into the box using its Ip address and change most of the box settings , where do the drivers live ?

How can I get to this directory ?

/lib/modules/4.4.8/extra, save ALL four .ko files to your pc. FTP to new image and reboot the receiver.

Andy_Hazza
28-10-16, 19:46
If you use filezilla you will see the lib folder, then modules, then 4.4.8, then extra. Just double click on the relevant folders in that order till you get to extra and delete the new drivers and replace with the old ones. [emoji4]

satnut2
28-10-16, 21:15
If you use filezilla you will see the lib folder, then modules, then 4.4.8, then extra. Just double click on the relevant folders in that order till you get to extra and delete the new drivers and replace with the old ones. [emoji4]

Thanks man , found the files now saved , I'll load latest image tomoz and swap over the files :thumbsup:

stevie1965
30-10-16, 17:49
Thanks man , found the files now saved , I'll load latest image tomoz and swap over the files :thumbsup:

Let's us know how you get on!