PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Sorting by date not working for DROBO 5N

edonkeyman
10-10-16, 17:20
Hi guys

Bit of strange one and I was hoping you can help me get to the bottom of it.
Have two network mounts set up to my NAS drives with movies, (old WD Mybookworld and DROBO 5N) the issue I have is with the sorting of the movies on the DROBO 5N.
It always seems to sort by title regardless of what option I try and select. (trying to sort by date time descending i.e. latest first, but tried all the options and nothing worked)
The WD Mybookworld works fine and will sort by the relevant options. Tried re-mounting the DROBO 5N but doesn't seem to work. I fear that duo2 may not be compatible with the RAID setup on the Drobo 5N

Both where mounted the same way via network manager and both have a static ip on my local network.

Thanks in advance.

birdman
10-10-16, 17:41
I fear that duo2 may not be compatible with the RAID setup on the Drobo 5NThat's a network file-server. The on-disk file-system format is an issue for the server. All that the Vix box is interested in is what appears on the network, which I presume it is cifs (rather than NFS).

So I can see no reason why it shouldn't be sorting by date/time, unless the file server is claiming that everything has the same date/time.

edonkeyman
10-10-16, 18:12
Yeah, both mounts are setup as cifs and have identical settings in the mount manager. But for some reason the underlying files on the drobo 5n is sorted by title and can't be changed. The weird thing is at the directory level it seems the sorting is by date and not title but again you can't change the sort order. Not a big deal, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

birdman
11-10-16, 03:26
The weird thing is at the directory level it seems the sorting is by date and not title but again you can't change the sort order.Can you explain what you mean by this? i.e. what do you mean by "at the directory level".
My directories (in the movie list browser of Vix) are sorted by name - because I have sorting set to "alpha then oldest" (or something like that) and all directories at one level will have different names, so the date/time doesn't matter.

edonkeyman
16-10-16, 12:12
When browsing through the folders (directories) i.e. Movies, TV Shows, Pictures etc. on the NAS drive through Vix. The folders are sorted by modified date time (which is what I subsequently want on the child files (mixture of .mp4, .mkvs) within the folders.

birdman
16-10-16, 19:36
When browsing through the folders (directories) i.e. Movies, TV Shows, Pictures etc. on the NAS drive through Vix. The folders are sorted by modified date time (which is what I subsequently want on the child files (mixture of .mp4, .mkvs) within the folders.It's still not clear what you mean by this.
Do you mean that for the Drobo file-system the folders are sorted by modification time, while the recordings are sorted by title and you are unable to change either?

Do you have per-directory sorting turned on or off?

edonkeyman
18-10-16, 20:28
It's still not clear what you mean by this.
Do you mean that for the Drobo file-system the folders are sorted by modification time, while the recordings are sorted by title and you are unable to change either?

Do you have per-directory sorting turned on or off?

That is exactly what the issue is. But this is all through Vix on the Vu+ Duo2.
What is per-directory sorting?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
18-10-16, 21:19
What is per-directory sorting?
A setting in the movie list context menu, allowing to save different sortings per directory.